Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Anybody in here using Sprint?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Mar 23, 2019 8:47 am 
I had them 15+ years ago and did not have a favorable impression, but that's a long time for things to change. Their plans are attractive and include more "mobile hotspot" than anyone else. I work remotely and I'm starting to think about commuting to Olallie State Park some days, I can work from a park bench next to the river, through the hotspot. I would love to hear feedback from anybody using their service. Are you happy with it?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Mar 23, 2019 10:32 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
I had them 15+ years ago and did not have a favorable impression, but that's a long time for things to change. Their plans are attractive and include more "mobile hotspot" than anyone else. I work remotely and I'm starting to think about commuting to Olallie State Park some days, I can work from a park bench next to the river, through the hotspot. I would love to hear feedback from anybody using their service. Are you happy with it?
I don't use them, so this is anecdotal, but my brother in Oregon bailed on them recently (within maybe two or three years back), and had the same impression you did 15 years ago. And that's all I know, or "have heard" first hand. Let's see what other folks who actually know have to say.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Mar 23, 2019 8:12 pm 
Sprint will give me 100 GB of mobile hotspot as part of a $90 a month plan. I live in the one building in all of Seattle that Comcast doesn't serve, so my cheapest home internet option is $45/mo and would be completely unnecessary including for work with that plan. Plus they throw in Prime and Hulu. I live on the edge of downtown Seattle, should have good reception here. Other than work, I don't use the internet much, I do photos and really value having access to maps, wta, and here. I get fast internet in Winthrop with T-Mobile, nothing in Mazama. I like being able to get back from a hike or whatever else, and figure out what trail I'll be on tomorrow from the restaurant. I feel like I'll probably have to give that up if I change.

Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostMon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 pm 
I had Sprint for 10 years before switching to Verizon a little over 2 years ago. Coverage was fine in the greater Seattle area and most major towns along highways but lacking everywhere else. About four years ago I had coverage in Winthrop but the following year it was gone for some reason. Verizon has been much better, especially in smaller towns and in the mountains. I often have just enough signal to send a text from the top of a mountain somewhere should I need to.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Apr 22, 2019 5:47 pm 
For what it's worth, the coverage is better than I expected. I get service in Darrington which I'm not used to, and intermittently been there and east of Newhalem.