Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
Previous :: Next Topic  
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostSun May 05, 2019 12:18 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Say what you will about Avengers:  End Game, but this is a MONSTER at the box office.  Over $600 million domestic after just 2 weekends and $2 billion worldwide.  $2 billion!  That's probably more than the GDP of some small countries.  Basically nobody is going to see any movie other than Avengers since it was released.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostWed May 08, 2019 10:52 am 
I wasn't even going to watch it, but my brother convinced me to give "Free Solo" a try.  It was well done, but so nerve wracking.  I have very mixed emotions about it.  What he did is absolutely amazing...and yet utterly pointless really.  Granted I'm sure I've made some bad choices and exposed myself to unnecessary risk, but that's an entirely different scale.

Nice cameo by Peter Croft.  Seems like a really cool dude.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant

PostFri May 17, 2019 6:58 pm 
Monos - at SIFF winner at Sundance and Berlin film festivals, Columbia 2019. Concerns a group of teenage guerrillas in the mountains and jungle of Columbia and their American hostage. Unique in that there is absolutely no political or social context. Part Lord of the Flies part Apocalypse Now part Teenagers partying. Gripping though one never knows what they are fighting for. up.gif  up.gif  up.gif  up.gif

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe

NWH Joe-Bob
PostMon May 20, 2019 1:16 pm 
Avengers 4.  I liked it.  It certainly didn't seem Three hours long.  I was disappointed in the lack of Captain Marvel participation.  She rescues Iron man and delvers him and the ship to Earth and there was zero interaction between her and the Avengers crew!  Shouldn't the Avengers group have had a million questions for her?  Nothing.  Then after she leads them to Thanos and they kill him shes gone until the very end of the film.  Also, I would have liked to have seen Peggys face when Steve shows up out of nowhere, instead of just the two of them dancing... Etc etc.  All in all, I enjoyed it.

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

Abraham Lincoln
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
  Happy Birthday Klenke!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: