Forum Index > Trail Talk > Trailhead security detail
Previous :: Next Topic  
reststep

reststep

PostThu May 09, 2019 1:55 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Two charged in Peninsula trailhead vehicle burglaries

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/two-charged-in-peninsula-trailhead-vehicle-burglaries/

--------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostThu May 09, 2019 2:01 pm 
reststep wrote:
Two charged in Peninsula trailhead vehicle burglaries

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/two-charged-in-peninsula-trailhead-vehicle-burglaries/

up.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr

TJ Zimmerman
PostThu May 09, 2019 2:57 pm 
Good! What awful people.
Jeff
Ramen Elitist

Jeff

Ramen Elitist
PostThu May 09, 2019 3:39 pm 
The last time I heard about someone getting arrested for trailhead thefts on the peninsula it was a Pickering. I wonder if this is the same one.
Jeff
Ramen Elitist

Jeff

Ramen Elitist
PostThu May 09, 2019 3:43 pm 
http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16292&highlight=pickering

Yup, samqe guy. Slap those wrists and turn them loose. Crime pays.
RandyHiker
Snarky Member

RandyHiker

Snarky Member
PostThu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm 
Jeff wrote:
http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16292&highlight=pickering

Looks like the woman was able to post her $2500 bond, but the man is being held on a $20,000 bond.   So he at least will be put of circulation for a bit (unless he does a GoFundMe for his bond)
Brian R

Brian R

PostThu May 09, 2019 11:08 pm 
A big "thank you" to the Clallam County Sheriff and all the deputies and staff who worked hard on this. A great result.
Vertec

Vertec

PostWed May 15, 2019 11:47 pm 
Brian R wrote:
Quote:
There's those military wanna bes that just got in trouble for "patrolling" the southern boundary and taking (kidnapping) people trying to get into our country.  Perhaps they could be contacted and given something to do that might be looked upon more favorably.

Just gotta make it sound all he mannish and patriotic and stuff and they might do it.

I've noticed the 206-type crowd here is frequently unable to resist sneaking their political bumper stickers onto the most benign pages. Same as it ever was.

Brian R,

Beware "Virtue Signaling" bait, even when it contains factual inaccuracies like accusations of kidnapping.  Virtue Signaling is a not so clever tactic to set off a political argument, while not appearing to start a political argument - but then in turn accuse others of politicizing a seemingly virtuous point of view.

--------------
Out There, carrying the self-evident truth I am endowed by my Creator with unalienable rights of self-defended Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
neek

neek

PostThu May 16, 2019 6:34 am 
Vertec wrote:
Virtue Signaling is a not so clever tactic to set off a political argument, while not appearing to start a political argument - but then in turn accuse others of politicizing a seemingly virtuous point of view.

And thanks for demonstrating it so aptly in your tagline.  Also me I suppose for responding.  That's how it goes... maybe we should just admit that social signalling is part of being human.
Doppelganger
Gorecrow

Doppelganger

Gorecrow
PostThu May 16, 2019 7:26 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
neek wrote:
A bit outdated though because all the good stuff is now in 360...

Don't forget those pesky 425ers.

Kids these days don't know how good they have it with six area codes to choose a political position from, it was one side or the other in my day. Some real old timers probably remember when Washington stood together under a single area code.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
thunderhead

thunderhead

PostThu May 16, 2019 8:21 am 
Jeff wrote:

Figures.  The soft on crime crowd will likely whine and cry about the ills of society, personal responsibility be damned, he will be released with another slap on the wrist, and another 100 cars will get hit at trailheads later this summer.
Vertec

Vertec

PostThu May 16, 2019 8:50 am 
neek wrote:
Vertec wrote:
Virtue Signaling is a not so clever tactic to set off a political argument, while not appearing to start a political argument - but then in turn accuse others of politicizing a seemingly virtuous point of view.

And thanks for demonstrating it so aptly in your tagline.  Also me I suppose for responding.  That's how it goes... maybe we should just admit that social signalling is part of being human.

My tagline is a lesson in civics.  A subject which is no longer taught in school.

--------------
Out There, carrying the self-evident truth I am endowed by my Creator with unalienable rights of self-defended Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
trestle

trestle

PostThu May 16, 2019 9:31 am 
Civics is still taught in WA.

This page provides an in-depth overview of Civics Education in WA. It is rather exhaustive.

This page contains the mandatory assessments for civics that are required at each level of school. Local districts can determine their own pacing but the requirements exist nonetheless.

--------------
"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostThu May 16, 2019 11:17 am 
This thread isn't about trailhead security, is it?
Vertec

Vertec

PostThu May 16, 2019 9:51 pm 
trestle wrote:
Civics is still taught in WA.

This page provides an in-depth overview of Civics Education in WA. It is rather exhaustive.

This page contains the mandatory assessments for civics that are required at each level of school. Local districts can determine their own pacing but the requirements exist nonetheless.

Ok, they call it 'civics' , but Wow, just WOW!  I've always wondered how much education regarding the Declaration and Constitution had eroded.  Now I know.  Thanks for those links, but they prove my point.

One egregious example is on Page 11 of what is titled "Constitutional Issues" Assessment:
http://www.k12.wa.us/SocialStudies/Assessments/MiddleSchool/MiddleSchCivics-ConstitutionalIssues-CBA.pdf

Regarding Human rights, it references the 1948 UN General Assembly Human Rights Declaration.  This UN reference is Horse Pucky because the U.S. Declaration of Independence is the only relevant document relating to the U.S. Constitution.  The U.S. Declaration of Independence (notice how the U.N. also knocked off the 'Declaration" title) does not grant any rights, but just acknowledges rights endowed by our creator.  The only relevant point is how the U.S Declaration and Constitution relate to ensure those rights.  The material listed above goes WAY far afield in referencing the U.N., and actually is designed to skew opinion toward 'world' government, while promulgating ignorance of U.S. founding principles.

The U.N. declaration reads more like a guarantee of services, which by definition are not rights.  This explains a lot of the ignorance seen these days.

But the U.N. declaration has caused a LOT of confusion, which prompted someone to write the "Bill of No Rights" document.  Look it up for a fun read.  Excerpt:

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen color TV or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.

--------------
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Trailhead security detail
  Happy Birthday JPH, straydog!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: