Forum Index > Trail Talk > Cascade loop planning ?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Cody s

Cody s
PostSat May 18, 2019 10:33 am 
Got a week off and I'm still nursing a blown disc in my back but still planning a trip on the cascade loop. I am hoping to take highway 20 to pateros and out thru highway 2. I may consider i-90 also. I am up to about a ten mile day. Any suggestions for hiking and camping. My plan would be to wake up and hike then move on for an evening hike then camp and do it all over. I plan on about 4 days. I would prefer primitive/dirtbag style camping Thanks for the help, Cody

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat May 18, 2019 10:55 pm 
Camp at Colonial Creek; the camp straddles the highway and the best spots are on the left in the direction you're going, nearest to the beach. The Heather and Maple Pass loop is one of the best ridge walks in the state. Blue Lake is short and easy, but gorgeous. Make a detour to Harts Pass when you go by Mazama, can't at the Meadows.

Cody s

Cody s
PostSun May 19, 2019 7:03 am 
I agree maple pass to be one of the best unfortunately I'm sure it is snow covered. Good idea about colonial creek Thunder knob and thunder creek trails will suit me well On the way back I looked into Lake Valhalla going north on the pct. I can't seem to find a good stopping point southbound from stevens on the pct. Any thoughts?

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon May 20, 2019 4:46 am 
I would head to the North Fiok of the Teanaway. There are a least half dozen worthwhile day hikes that could be made from the same base camp or driving a very short distance. There is still a bit of snow out there, but not too much.