Forum Index > Trip Reports > Heybrook and Wallace
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
TheWaterboy
Hike-2-Hike

TheWaterboy
Hike-2-Hike
PostSun May 19, 2019 8:06 pm 
A wrench was thrown into my plans today. I was going to attempt a climb of Sperry peak to train for some upcoming climbs this summer, but, alas the weather was not cooperating. So at the last moment this morning I decided to combine Heybrook Lookout and Wallace falls into a nice (sort of) long day. I started off with Wallace Falls State Park. The trail is in excellent condition right now, and with the fast snow melt this year the falls are brimming. Certainly provided for some excellent and refreshing views.
As expected, the trail was quite crowded as it always is. Though people were spaced well enough that I still found a few moments of solitude here and there. After reaching the parking lot I then drove the little ways east along Highway two to the Heybrook TH. I hadn't been here for quite some time due to the fact that I always seem to have my eyes set on some peak these days. There was evidence of a lot of recent trail work (some unfinished).
Overall it turned out to be an excellent day out on some easy trails. I think it becomes easy to forget the simple pleasures of some these trails when you start getting into the idea of being a peakbagger. But the views from the top of Heybrook certainly can't be beat for the amount of effort you need to put in.
Heybrook Lookout Tower Wallace Falls

[Mountains] are the cathedrals where I practice my religion - Anatoli Boukreev Hike2Hike.com, because we all just live from Hike to Hike.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RichP

RichP
PostSun May 19, 2019 10:01 pm 
I've never been to Heybrook. Looks very nice. up.gif

timberghost

timberghost
PostMon May 20, 2019 5:34 am 
Way over crowded

TheWaterboy
Hike-2-Hike

TheWaterboy
Hike-2-Hike
PostWed May 29, 2019 9:54 pm 
I agree with timberghost, way overcrowded. Worth the 1 mile each way if you want to grab the view though and don't mind the people. I love using it for a nice leg stretch when coming back over Steven's Pass during the summer.

[Mountains] are the cathedrals where I practice my religion - Anatoli Boukreev Hike2Hike.com, because we all just live from Hike to Hike.
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostThu May 30, 2019 7:03 am 
timberghost wrote:
Way over crowded
Don't go on a weekend! Was headed over to the east side mid-week just as that last spell of rain was clearing. Both Baring and Index were poking through so on an impulse I pulled into the Heybrook parking lot, two cars. Saw both parties leaving as I was heading up, got the lookout to myself for half an hour. agree.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir