Forum Index > Trail Talk > First trip to NCNP - looking for advice on Copper Ridge/Chilliwack Loop
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
kiliki

kiliki
PostSun May 26, 2019 2:42 pm 
Quote:
Not sure I understand this question. You want to camp at Hannegan Pass? There is no overnight camping there. You could head up Hannegan Peak and camp somewhere on the open ridge beyond, as RichP suggests.
Hannegan Camp is a half mile before the pass (in the national forest), but I'm sure that's what they mean. It's got a number of sites.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostSun May 26, 2019 4:36 pm 
Ah ok. I didn't remember that.

jasonfromtexas

jasonfromtexas
PostSun May 26, 2019 5:38 pm 
Thanks for all of the feedback. And yes, the original intent was to stop in the National Forest at Hannigan Camp, sorry for the confusion. Foist - thanks for the the thoughtful answers. I promise there has been extensive googling, searching of the archives here, and perusing of the NCNP website - unfortunately, I've run across some conflicting information (for example, the website suggest picking up a permit in Glacier if coming in that direction, but the permit reservation I received says it has to be Marblemount). I've been surprised in the past with outdated info on national/state forest and park service websites. Figured I'd try to doublecheck with those in the know. contour5 - thanks for the link! I've already read it and loved the pictures! Definitely helped to up the excitement for this summer. For anyone still reading - what's the process for modifying a permit to swap Graybeal for a night in the Tapto or Middle Lakes area? Can that only be done as a walkup? I know in the advance reservation form there wasn't an option. I figured it was like camping off trail in Glacier and would need to be discussed with a ranger when picking it up. Just curious. Thanks!

Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostSun May 26, 2019 7:27 pm 
Not sure. I would just call and ask.