Forum Index > Pacific NW History > FBI releases Bigfoot Documents from 1970's !
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hikerdood

Hikerdood
PostThu Jun 06, 2019 8:01 am 
After all this time we now know that the hair samples were....Deer hair... The mystery is now over... But if you see Bigfoot in the mountains, be sure to take a photo!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Jun 06, 2019 4:02 pm 
Hikerdood wrote:
But if you see Bigfoot in the mountains, be sure to take a photo!
Have there been any new videos? With teaming hordes invading the mountains and every single one of them hauling a video camera everywhere they go we should be getting tons and tons of new video evidence. Not Bigfoot, but his distant cousin ET.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 pm 
They're on the increase in recent years. Couple guys out of darrington dropped a video a few years back. Seemed fairly convincing. Thing is, legit sightings happened all the time in certain areas of the north cascades, just before anyone is quick enough to pull out their phone to take a pic. That's the most occam's razor type explanation and it aligns with what you're hearing through word of mouth if you keep your ear low

Billoutwest

Billoutwest
PostWed Aug 07, 2019 10:32 pm 
Of the nine “yeti” samples, eight turned out to be from bears native to the area, the researchers report today in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B. The other sample came from a dog. Similar studies of hair samples supposedly related to North America’s big hairy hominid, the sasquatch (aka Bigfoot), have revealed that those fibers came from bears, horses, dogs, and a variety of other creatures—even a human. DNA says NO.

retired USFS
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostWed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm 
Billoutwest wrote:
DNA says NO.
But the legend says "YES!" eek.gif lol.gif winksmile.gif

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Aug 23, 2019 6:15 am 
coldrain108 wrote:
Not Bigfoot, but his distant cousin ET.
Interesting photo. 3 years ago, August I think, my son and two grandsons were hiking the south trail up Mt Adams. We set up tents where trail 183 crosses another trail (forgot which one). Early next morning, the youngest and I got up and decided not to wait for the guys, so we set out up trail. We walked about up to Morrison creek, then turned around to see if anyone was up yet. Around 9:30 grandson said "grandpa, what's that", pointing to a bright spot in the sky (expand the image, and look to the left of the tallest tree).
It looked like a star but for the fact that the sky was clear and bright. It was directly North (0 degrees true). We watched for 5 minutes or so and if it moved at all from it's original position, it was minimal, so essentially stationary. I had no explanation then, and still don't know what it likely was. My best guess was maybe a NWS weather balloon, but I could only find that they're launched from Salem, OR and that's about 100 miles SW and winds were calm to light so I didn't think that a balloon would have travelled that far by that time of day. So, that's my only "unidentified" object in the sky experience, and I still don't know what the explanation is. I was up on the same trail the following year and it wasn't there.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Aug 23, 2019 6:16 am 
Hikerdood wrote:
After all this time we now know that the hair samples were....Deer hair...
Do you have a link to FBI data?

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Aug 23, 2019 6:22 am 
Dave Workman wrote:
Billoutwest wrote:
DNA says NO.
But the legend says "YES!" eek.gif lol.gif winksmile.gif
And the gap between evidence and legend seems to be quite wide which makes me wonder, have any of you who frequent the wilderness areas ever run into any evidence that you would categorize as reliable? I hear (supposedly credible) stories, but I only get out to the trails once or twice a year, so my experience is about zero, so I don't "know" either way.

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSat Aug 24, 2019 6:11 am 
How can they be sure if they don't have real bigfoot DNA to compare it too? dizzy.gif My theory is that early on, bigfoot seen the effects of social media. Look at the storm caused by one short video. The reason we haven't seen any modern footage is because... well, those people don't make it out of the forest. My advicecif you see a bigfoot? Don't pull out your camera, and pretend you didn't see anything. Big foot doesn't post on Instagram. Be like bigfoot. And quite possibly the oddest read ever on big foot. NSFW. An article about big feet, big??? That somehow goes into racial/gender issues and hitler. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bigfoot-erotica-white-supremacy_n_5b5f659be4b0fd5c73d21a3d

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSun Aug 25, 2019 7:24 am 
ale_capone wrote:
How can they be sure if they don't have real bigfoot DNA to compare it too? dizzy.gif
What I understand regarding this question, is that the DNA in question is analyzed, and if it doesn't some up as anything currently known (for certain), then it's classified as whatever animal it actually is, or "unknown homonid" but the classification then falls short of actually being labeled as "bigfoot". I think I have that right. Again, an interesting topic, but one that I'm not prepared to side with on either side (until and unless I actually see one). eek.gif

dave allyn

dave allyn
PostSun Aug 25, 2019 8:00 am 
You don't need to have DNA to compare it to, you would just have to know it was previously unknown. I can't find homonid in the dictionary, I presume you meant hominid or hominoid, which would be a member of the human/ ape family. If any unknown hominid DNA had been found it would be huge news and we all would have heard. Put me down as non believer. No way a creature that size could exist as a breeding population and not leave poop, dead bodies, tracks in snow or mud...

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostSun Aug 25, 2019 1:36 pm 
I was on the fence until those "finding bigfoot" shows became so popular - watching a bunch of drunk guys bumble about the forest with grainy night vision cameras really takes the wonder and mystery out of "cryptids" in general. I still think there are species waiting to be discovered, even here in the Pacific Northwest, and that maybe some creatures out of legend might have a basis in truth, but I have a hard time thinking of bigfoot as anything more than a hoax.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Aug 25, 2019 2:19 pm 
There have never been any sightings of "bigfoot", just liars convincing the gullible with crackpot stories and nonsense.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Aug 25, 2019 11:09 pm 
Mostly bugs, slugs, and frogs waiting to be discovered. Large mammals unlikely but possible.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Oct 07, 2019 7:28 pm 
Hmm, Im not certain Id trust the FBI with much of anything.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln