Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > King County Weed Watchers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jun 14, 2019 7:27 pm 
Spent the afternoon cutting back Black Locust, Photinia, English Laurel, Himalaya Blackberry, Vine Maple, Oregon Grape, Wild Cherry, Rhododendron, and hand pulled a swath of English Ivy about 18 inches X 60 feet (to get it off of a wooden fence.) Had to get it to the dump before they closed at 6:00 pm, so I didn't have any time left to spray. Will hit the rest of the ivy with glyphosate solution either tomorrow or Sunday and advise as to results.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Jul 24, 2019 11:29 pm 
Glyphosate does not work very well on Ivy, but Triclopyr works great. You have to be careful using Triclopyr though as it will kill trees and other desirable woody plants it comes in contact with. It's not available in WA in very strong mixtures. I buy this stuff, (https://www.homedepot.com/p/BioAdvanced-32-oz-Brush-Killer-Plus-Quart-Concentrate-704640B/203124091) which is as concentrated as you can get, then put it in a spray bottle with a couple drops of dish soap and spray the ivy that comes through the fence from my neighbor's yard. Kills it all on my side of the fence, though hasn't seemed to kill the entire bunch of it as it's still growing great on their side. I've also used it on the Yucca that someone planted in my yard. Kills what's above the ground but doesn't get the many, many, many root nodes. I've been digging the darned things out for the last four years and every time I think I've got it all, I find more shoots popping up which leads me to digging and I get more root nodes. I hate that stuff.

Arginine

Arginine
PostThu Jul 25, 2019 2:23 pm 
Yes. https://www.nwcb.wa.gov/weeds/giant-hogweed King county has an app that allows you to photograph the plant and it notifies the county