Forum Index > Trail Talk > Wallace Falls Planning
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostTue Mar 13, 2018 10:57 am 
http://parks.state.wa.us/1074/Wallace-Falls-Planning the park will be going through some changes. This is a link to the information. cool.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder

Schroder
PostSat Jun 15, 2019 8:41 am 
Last chance to comment on changes for Wallace Falls
Quote:
A final public meeting is planned next week to discuss changes at Wallace Falls State Park...The meeting will take place Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Sky Valley Event Center, 14315 366th Ave. SE in Startup. ... Following Wednesday’s meeting, public comment will be open through July 12. Parks has a tentative date of July 18 to present its recommendations to the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission. ...public comment may also be provided by contacting Randy Kline, state parks planner, at 360-902-8632 or randy.kline@parks.wa.gov

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostSun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 pm 
In reading the past meeting notes, someone suggested taking down the "go away signs". Wonder what they're referring to?

Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostMon Jun 17, 2019 5:53 am 
Its amazing how popular Wallace falls is or Heybrook look out too for that matter.

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSun Jan 26, 2020 11:36 am 
Sky Hiker wrote:
Its amazing how popular Wallace falls is or Heybrook look out too for that matter.
I'm not surprised at all. Wallace Falls is a highly scenic, relatively easy hike with a large water feature (and a playable plunge pool in late summer) and a great route to make it longer and moderately challenging. Heybrook is also relatively easy and takes you to a) a lookout and b) some really nice views. Both hikes are also easy to access. No reason why these wouldn't be popular hikes.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSun Jan 26, 2020 12:01 pm 
I talked to the head ranger recently and they are hopeful that they can expand the trail system by using the network of old roads on the DNR land east of the park to disperse the heavy usage. There are a few nice mini waterfalls and valley views and even a back way to get up to Lake Isabel when May Creek is fordable. All this takes money though...

timberghost

timberghost
PostSun Jan 26, 2020 1:15 pm 
Money the State or USFS doesn't have. They can't even get any new trails built in the wilderness areas like they hoped. Heybrook and Wallace have alot of repeat hikers which is good it takes pressure off other places. With talk of them doing away with discovery pass the already strapped state will be hurting on the recreation side if that happens

Celticclimber

Celticclimber
PostTue Jan 28, 2020 7:29 am 
I worked at Wallace Falls from 79-80. Back then we used to jump up n down on the hose that was used to record the number of cars that came and went. We wanted the State to think WF got a lot of visitors; for fear of being shut down..... How times have changed...........

Live every day like you will die to-marrow. For some day that will be true.
nordique

nordique
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 10:43 pm 
One of my favorite places to hike--no need to do the 405/I-90 hassle! And I prefer the quiet old road to the up and down falls trail, ever since I was reduced to hiking with a crutch. What a great park! And so scenic! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJaEE1z

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Jan 31, 2020 11:14 pm 
I used to go there often in the mid-90's when I had a friend who lived in the area. Back then you could do a hike (sometimes even on weekends) and see no one. <sigh>

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSat Feb 01, 2020 9:27 am 
Head beyond the lower falls and the population drops as dramatically as the waterfall.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Schroder

Schroder
PostSat Feb 01, 2020 11:02 am 
My favorite loop is to go up the Railroad Grade and Greg Ball trail to Wallace Lake and then take the old road to the top of the falls and come out Woody Trail. It's an easy, year-around 10 mile loop with 1900' of gain.

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSat Feb 01, 2020 12:33 pm 
Schroder wrote:
My favorite loop is to go up the Railroad Grade and Greg Ball trail to Wallace Lake and then take the old road to the top of the falls and come out Woody Trail. It's an easy, year-around 10 mile loop with 1900' of gain.
I like the reverse of that loop, though if I'm not entirely feeling it, I'll cut out the small portion that takes you to the lake, or if I'm extra adventurous, I'll head past Wallace Lake and on to Jay.