Forum Index > Partners > Possible kindrid soul?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wade63
guitarman

wade63
guitarman
PostFri Jun 21, 2019 5:40 pm 
Heading up the alpine lakes west area 6/28 to 7/6, yes a long one. I'm on a "relaxed schedule" and plan on doing a little fishing. I have an extra pack raft. If someone wants to join for partial or all days, plenty of exploring and hiking to do. I'm a lifer mountain trotter and enjoy kindred hearts. No females without a male partner, sorry, family guy. I've found a few great guys to backpack with on this forum and it's always lining up schedules.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostSat Jun 22, 2019 10:40 am 
Sounds like an absolute blast. Wish I had some more advanced notice to take the appropriate time off work. I hope you have a great journey.

wade63
guitarman

wade63
guitarman
PostSat Jun 22, 2019 6:57 pm 
Sorry bout that I just settled in on this area and this is my third outing this year, I still haven't unpacked from the last lol

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostTue Jun 25, 2019 9:16 pm 
Ya know, it is possible for a woman to hike, even backpack, with a man and for that to be a totally platonic thing. Not every one is looking for a hook up.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostTue Jun 25, 2019 11:51 pm 
You're totally right about that but sometimes feelings override logic in adult relationships.

wade63
guitarman

wade63
guitarman
PostWed Jun 26, 2019 7:33 am 
Hey if my wife's not comfortable with it I do it out of respect

wade63
guitarman

wade63
guitarman
PostWed Jun 26, 2019 12:59 pm 
I totally agree with you Gwen. This is not an indictment on anybody. Call us old-fashioned my wife and I a very secure in each other. She worries enough when I head up into the mountains even after 22 years. Perhaps we're a little possessive of each other too but that's okay. I would actually prefer to go with my wife or my kids but work schedules don't mesh very well. Maybe this doesn't need to be said but even though I feel this forum has a lot of great people and I have hiked with some, its best to be very careful with someone that you don't know and try and get to know them before you go out alone with them. Although I've stretched that myself but did have some background or was able to meet the guys I've camped with. I've had to say no to a couple of girls on this forum and they totally understood and we're cool with it.