Forum Index > Trail Talk > Dry hike ideas
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
capbiker

capbiker
PostMon Jun 24, 2019 9:31 am 
Any suggestions for 3 day backpack destinations for Wed-Fri this week? Was planning on Pete Lake and beyond, but weather is looking a bit wet. Willing to drive east of the mountains. Criteria: 8 miles or less and ~2000' gain each day. Thanks in advance for any ideas you can send my way.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Jun 24, 2019 10:46 am 
good luck, even Wenatchee and Spokane are expecting heavy rain Wednesday and then on again off again rain and T-storms thru the rest of the week. Wenatchee Weather You can pick and choose your location on the map and get a pretty good outlook for the weather. Even the east side of the Goat Rocks will be rainy. Goat Rocks weather Go to the Hoh and enjoy the rain. Are we going to get our much needed June-uary rain?

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
capbiker

capbiker
PostMon Jun 24, 2019 6:25 pm 
Yep it seems everywhere I look on weather maps it's the same story: thunderstorms and rain. Guess we got sucked into thinking June would continue to be abnormally warm and dry! I like your idea of the Hoh! Thanks for responding.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jun 25, 2019 6:00 am 
50 ideas Best Rain Shadow Hikes: Western Washington (Best Hikes) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0898868637/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TOHeDbJ3V5WMX The author also runs a weather forecast casting service that is reflection of his desire to hike with his rain coat in his pack. http://wowweather.com/