Forum Index > Trail Talk > Anyone been to Harts Pass recently?
Previous :: Next Topic  
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostFri Jun 28, 2019 11:19 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
I'm planning to spend tomorrow night on the trail.  I'm guessing I won't need an ice ax, but would love to hear from anybody who's been up there recently.  It's been warm, but I've never been up there this early in the season.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Fletcher

Fletcher

PostFri Jun 28, 2019 11:35 am 
Itís pretty melted out up there with the lingering snow youíd expect in late June. We were able to drive all the way down to the gate in Slate Creek. I canít speak to how much snow might be up towards Slate Peak, as we didnít go up there.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
sooperfly

sooperfly

PostFri Jun 28, 2019 11:35 am 
I was up almost two weeks ago ago and you should have no problem. When we came out on the 18th the snow berm that was at the PCT trail junction just before Slate Pass  was easily passable, lots of cars going up.  Just a few days before it wasn't passable.

The trail on the backside of Slate had snow but it was easily navigated and soft.  I'm sure by now the beginning of the trail is mostly snow free.  You didn't have to drop too much in elevation before the snow was completely gone.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostFri Jun 28, 2019 12:52 pm 
Thanks everybody!  I'm headed south, to Grasshopper Pass.  If the road is clear, I shouldn't have any issues in summer shoes, I think.  That part of trail gets a lot of sun.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Anyone been to Harts Pass recently?
  Happy Birthday taildragger, aywolfpac, wbegasse!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: