Forum Index > Partners > hiking beginner
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
srhodus
Spenser

srhodus
Spenser
PostWed Jun 19, 2019 9:32 pm 
Hi all, New to the area and hiking in general- looking to get into some easy day hikes and hoping to find a group/person to go with. Not sure if there are other websites or places to meet up with groups. Any help/info appreciated!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
OwenT

OwenT
PostWed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 pm 
Welcome. This is a great place to start! I'm not very close to you, but many are and just by paying attention to and searching the forums you'll get a lot of great information. You will also want to check out WTA.org

RichP

RichP
PostThu Jun 20, 2019 6:21 am 
I think there is a Port Townsend hiking group on facebook. You are in a great area to get started at any rate.

srhodus
Spenser

srhodus
Spenser
PostThu Jun 20, 2019 7:00 am 
Great, I’ll check that out! Thanks so much

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu Jun 27, 2019 7:43 am 
hmm. 2 pm's and no response to invite...or advice yet another that doesn't have the time to go something quick and simple overnight and learn sumpin.... clown.gif

CarriesNineFires

CarriesNineFires
PostTue Jul 02, 2019 9:26 pm 
forest gnome wrote:
hmm. 2 pm's and no response to invite...or advice yet another that doesn't have the time to go something quick and simple overnight and learn sumpin.... clown.gif
So now we're shutting down folks who found their way to the thread which supports people who want to get started in the activity which this site celebrates and promotes? I didn't get the memo. To the OP: All of the trails are great. Just start chipping away at them and you'll begin to figure out what you can do and what you like. You've got at least four months to enjoy it all before winter starts to change the game.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jul 02, 2019 9:35 pm 
srhodus - welcome to the site. feel free to ask as many questions as you need to. somebody here knows the answer - it's simply a matter of time before they notice your question. being in Pt. Townsend may require you to do some driving to get to the cherries, but there are most certainly ample opportunities within a reasonable distance.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostWed Jul 03, 2019 7:34 am 
would ya like the pm info I sent to them? The offer of a guided hike to great areas? the gear tips of company's to check out? ...how about the out of state hiking I highly recomended? ....perhaps the you tube videos I also mentioned? if I was shutting down some-one here it wouldn't have a friggin clown face...dughhh..... maybe you should talk to the people I'v gotten into hiking the last 30 or so years.... huh.gif maybe too much info?...newbies can't alway handle the gnome...

uww

uww
PostThu Jul 04, 2019 2:44 am 
You can also check meetup for hiking groups. Maybe facebook too. Moluntaineers are a decent club have trips too.
forest gnome wrote:
would ya like the pm info I sent to them?
Sure I'd like it. As long as it's not too sekrit. I may even say thanks depending on the quality. clown.gif