Forum Index > Trail Talk > "Sultan Shindig" this weekend (Highway 2)
Previous :: Next Topic  
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker

PostWed Jul 12, 2017 12:56 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
not going to get better with the road construction
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker

PostThu Jul 13, 2017 5:32 am 
Went thru the construction zone yesterday afternoon. Was stopped a couple times heading east then on the way back west was stopped 2 more times for grinding and lane painting.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC

cascade curmudgeon
PostThu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 am 
Sky Hiker wrote:
Went thru the construction zone yesterday afternoon. Was stopped a couple times heading east then on the way back west was stopped 2 more times for grinding and lane painting.

On monday morning we were stopped by a flagger @ about MP 56.  After a 25 minute wait the pilot car came leading a row of vehicles eastbound.  We then followed it to another flagger about 2mi west.  In between there was nothing: no vehicles, no workers, no cones or barriers,  nothing but a dead squirrel.  The only people we saw were the two flaggers and the pilot car driver. The rumor is that WSDot has hired one of the Chris Chistie staff members who was fired after "bridgegate".

--------------
No matter how cynical you become, it's not enough to keep up.  Jane Wagner/Lily Tomlin
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker

PostThu Jul 13, 2017 10:24 am 
Yea the first construction zone started at Zekes and ended before Anderson Creek crossing which was done by contractors and the second section was that rough spot west of Grotto where the WSDOT crew was grinding and repaving. I only made it to my home port of Sky but believe another section hopefully the Tye River Bridge gets addressed first. I am glad that it is addressed regardless of the waiting.
Nancyann

Nancyann

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 4:59 pm 
Itís back, sorry to say. Specifically, eastbound traffic from Monroe to Sultan will be gridlocked Saturday morning due to a parade and other festivities.
fairweather friend

fairweather friend

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 5:25 pm 
Thanks for posting this, NancyAnn!!! You saved my bacon.  I was planning to join a Washington Kayak Club trip down the Sky on Saturday, but there's no way I'm going to subject myself to that traffic.  I already alerted the trip leader and hopefully, she can divert the trip to somewhere a little more sane like the Sauk.

Here's the link to this year's festivities:  2018 Sultan Shindig
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
timberghost

timberghost

PostFri Jul 13, 2018 5:19 am 
Yea then it's Gold Dust days in Goldbar after that!! If its not one thing its another
Nancyann

Nancyann

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 8:49 pm 
Itís that time again. banghead.gif  Specifically this Saturday. If you enjoy sitting in traffic between Monroe and Sultan without moving for excruciatingly long periods of time, come on up clown.gif
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker

PostWed Jul 10, 2019 4:56 am 
Don't forget Old Timers picnic at Skykomish the weekend after then Goldbar Gold Dust days the weekend after that!!
fourteen410

fourteen410

PostWed Jul 10, 2019 1:07 pm 
Good to know - appreciate the heads up!
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > "Sultan Shindig" this weekend (Highway 2)
  Happy Birthday Karen≤, Midnight Slogger!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: