Forum Index > Trip Reports > Chehalis River Discovery Trail 8/7/19
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostSat Aug 10, 2019 10:37 pm 
I happened to be in the Centralia area this past Wednesday, so I decided to check out this local trail. I was really surprised by how nice it was - it may start at the waste treatment plant, but that's not so bad as they've gone to great lengths to make that it appear to be just another farm with big red fake barns and silos disguising everything. It's also neither very loud (at least when we were there) nor is it at all smelly, despite the waste being used to fertilize the surrounding fields through which the trail passes. There were still flowers blooming along the river, and portions of the trail feel quite wild. I'm eager to see this trail completed - eventually it will be a full 6 miles from end-to-end. As it is it is about 3.5 miles round trip if you hike both branches out and back. That's still a respectable for Southwest Washington! I've also published a blog post with a bunch of photos: https://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/2019/08/chehalis-river-discovery-trail.html

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
awilsondc

awilsondc
PostSun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm 
That's right in my back yard! We just discovered this trail recently. My kids love throwing rocks in the river. When they're a little older we'll probably do some swimming there too. Great video! I watched it with my kids. My 6 year old said "He's really good at that" (making the video). I loved the bee @~2:00. Great drone shots too! up.gif up.gif

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostSun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm 
Thank you, I'm glad you (and your kids) enjoyed it! I'd read about the trail awhile ago, but had never gotten around to checking it out till now.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostMon Aug 12, 2019 5:42 am 
up.gif