Forum Index > The Trading Post > Salewa mountaineering boots for sale - don't fit me anymore.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Jul 26, 2019 7:28 pm 
I bought 'em from Feathered Friends in 2014 to climb Mt Shuksan (successful), climbed Olympus in 2016 (successful), and hiked part of Mt Adams with grandson in 2017, then tried Mt Baker this past weekend (unsuccessful) because my left foot became so terribly painful that I turned back just before the Roman wall where it gets steep. Left foot has had some surgery which has now (apparently) caused the shape/size to change enough that the boot just doesn't fit well - is far too tight. Anyway, these should go to someone who will get use out of 'em. I'm a bit surprised that there has been little interest. Is it the brand, the size, the price, the season? They are Salewa "guide pro", size 10 with what I think are referred to as "integrated gaiters". Pics below:
Salewa boots
Salewa boots
left toe box
left toe box
right toe box
right toe box
left boot side
left boot side
left boot sole
left boot sole
right boot sole
right boot sole
How about $300 (shipping included), to the "lower 48"? I'll be in Olympia the week of September 13 through the 18th and can bring them along if anyone is interested in "hands on" inspection.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stefan

Stefan
PostTue Jul 30, 2019 9:52 am 
Okay. Somewhat interested. Can you send me a picture? I am not sure though. I will send you a pm of my email. About Scarpas to fit wider feet. I have had problems with many boots coming to a sharp point at the toes--its too tight for my toes. I like a bigger toe box. So I got something like these: https://www.scarpa.com/zodiac-tech-gtx-women-s

Art is an adventure.
b00

b00
PostFri Aug 02, 2019 7:46 pm 
Stefan wrote:
About Scarpas to fit wider feet. I have had problems with many boots coming to a sharp point at the toes--its too tight for my toes. I like a bigger toe box. So I got something like these: https://www.scarpa.com/zodiac-tech-gtx-women-s
like stefan, i too am using the scarpa zodiacs: https://www.scarpa.com/zodiac-tech-gtx they fit me, but they have some issues: durability(the sole and rand are thin - they last about one very active season for me), don't like how they side-hill on steep terrain. still, they are the only boot i now use. :>)

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Aug 20, 2019 10:10 am 
Bump I truly am interested in selling these boots as I don't believe any of my grandkids will use them.

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster
PostTue Aug 20, 2019 10:38 pm 
I may be missing it, but what is the price on these. I am interested.

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the strongest, but I don't want to be. I only want to be the best I can be.
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSun Aug 25, 2019 6:51 pm 
Ok, SOMEone needs/wants these, but hasn't seen this yet. I can't use them, so let's get 'em out to someone who can. C'mon, let's bargain a bit.