Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > NEW 59 ER DINER ON HWY. 2..
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 am 
SO DON'T KNOW IF THIS HAS (oops shouting....) been brought up but we noticed the NEW DINER has been re-built.. any reviews yet????

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostSat Aug 24, 2019 8:04 am 
I was there a month ago and it was tasty.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Aug 24, 2019 8:29 am 
All the really cool people were born in 1959. cool.gif

flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostSat Aug 24, 2019 8:34 am 
or 58

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Aug 24, 2019 12:22 pm 
We stopped there for a shake on the way back from the Winds...the place was packed and the shakes are still awesome and selling at a record pace.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Aug 24, 2019 3:22 pm 
I think it reopened way back last October. I still haven't been in the new building yet. I hit the food truck they had in the lot several times while they were rebuilding.

neek

neek
PostMon Aug 26, 2019 7:06 am 
stopped by yesterday after 5 days out. no complaints at all. real tasty burgers. lots of styrofoam though, and i do feel a bit sorry for the employees who have to listen to the same 50s soundtrack every day. i'd be like man, at least put on some miles davis or coltrane or something.

rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostMon Aug 26, 2019 6:48 pm 
Was seated almost immediately yesterday, then nobody acknowledged me for the next 20 minutes. Left & had a nice meal in Leavenworth instead.

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Aug 26, 2019 7:19 pm 
I hate ^^^ being ignored in a restaurant especially if I am unsure of the food quality. Maybe 6 years ago my son and I stopped there for lunch and they were fairly busy but it seemed to take forever, the food was ok...then the waitress tried to give me change for a 100 when I gave her a 20...they had this old jukebox that would randomly turn itself up and down, they said it was haunted, there's no such thing as ghosts is there? I suppose the jukebox perished in the fire. I will go there for a shake to go though.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostTue Aug 27, 2019 9:19 am 
neek wrote:
and i do feel a bit sorry for the employees who have to listen to the same 50s soundtrack every day. i'd be like man, at least put on some miles davis or coltrane or something.
I feel sorry for anybody who has to listen to "background" music. Music is, as they used to say on the stand, "for your listening and dancing pleasure," not for masking or background. Miles and Coltrane are particularly inappropriate. If Miles was playing in a club and people were talking and not paying attention he would turn his back to them and stop playing (of course he sometimes did this even when people weren't talking, but that's another story). As for the 59er: it's basically the same, if you liked the old one you'll like the new one.

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostWed Aug 28, 2019 6:58 pm 
rocknclimb wrote:
Was seated almost immediately yesterday, then nobody acknowledged me for the next 20 minutes.
Wilderness, Steve and I came down today after an overnight trip on the Carne Mt. high route and I suggested we stop at the 59er diner just because of is thread and the fact I had not been there since it reopened. It was around noon and the place was busy. They told us we could order and eat outside or wait for the next table. As we pondered the situation and scanned the menu a table became available. The wait was about what we expected but the food was tasty (we were tired and hungry) and the waitress was pleasant and ask about out our hike. She admitted it was high season and a bad time of day. I would probably go back again after a hike in the area. Especially after labor day.