Forum Index > Trip Reports > July 17-19: Osceola, Carru, Lago, Dot, Ptarmigan, Tatoosh Buttes, Buckskin Ridge
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
neek

neek
PostThu Sep 05, 2019 9:02 am 
Strider518 wrote:
I enjoyed immensely your trip report and pictures. I've been thinking about doing the same loop, except 'clockwise'. From your report it seems that climbing up and over Lago does not involve any technical rock climbing, as long as one is careful to look ahead and not get stuck somewhere. I'd appreciate any private comments you may have, if you like. Thanks.
PM sent...
gb wrote:
A really great trip report! I've considered that route as well, although I'd likely forego Osceola and Carru. Good information about finding the trails and the state of the route regarding fires and blowdown. Interested in hearing you say that views of the Buckskin Ridge trail were not all that great. That surprised me.
Thanks...maybe b/c of smoke/haze; note this report was from last year.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
rstoddard24
BBQWingz

rstoddard24
BBQWingz
PostThu Sep 05, 2019 9:23 am 
Strong Effort! And beautiful pics - thanks for sharing. I absolutely loved the Lago group region. What you did is almost exactly the UPWC "ShellRockin' Loop". A few runners have done it in a single push - they skip some of the peaks though. Check out the UPWC facebook page if you want to see some of their reports I thought Carru was the most rugged of the Lago group peaks. For the Carru -> Lago connection, we found an easy/safe class 3 ledge at 7450' - not sure if it saved much time vs. descending 250' more but it was fun *edit - i didn't realize this was from 2018, but I guess my comments are still relevent ha*

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message