Forum Index > Trip Reports > Jordan lakes 01 sept 2019 and McClellan Butte 02 sept 2019
Previous :: Next Topic  
kitya

kitya

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 9:40 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
wade63 wrote:
First off, thank you so much for taking some of that trash. I was just up there a week before you and quite frankly should have. We had a far better experience there though, nobody. But, as I agree about hunting, fishing, in particular the lower Jordan lake is a good thing for that lake, in my opinion. There are far too many fish there and from catching under nourished fish, every cast, nature is out of balance as usual when humans interfere. I do appreciate the sentiment though and your actions speak louder than words. You would have been more disappointed with slide lake. Wish the forest service had more funds to patrol these places, come on people, why are you up here if you destroy our wilderness?

Thank you for kind words. I cannot claim a lot of success, because I only had one small plastic bag. I should start taking these large black trash bags to trailheads, I guess.

I understand the problem with mulnurished fish, but i don't think using the same thing that caused this problem is a good solution for it. The fish is there because it was introduced by fishermen. As long as fishing is happening, more fish will get introduced and cycle of death and suffering just repeats frown.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe

NWH Joe-Bob
PostThu Sep 05, 2019 10:21 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
kitya wrote:
Bootpathguy wrote:
You advocate for the native frog, but you want to ban people from the wilderness who will catch the fish eating the tadpoles of the native frog and maybe even the frogs themselves

These are also same people who introduced the fish to begin with. None of alpine lakes had fish, if not for fishermen entertainment. They don't even survive that long in alpine lakes and need to get regularly restocked. If you stop fishing, you will also stop introducing of fish into habitats where it doesn't belong.

I've helped stock Alpine lakes with the Trailblazers/High-Lakers.  The reason the lakes have to be regularly stocked is because they use precise information so as to only plant numbers that are appropriate for the lakes size and conditions.  That and the fish they plant CANT reproduce!

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

Abraham Lincoln
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > Jordan lakes 01 sept 2019 and McClellan Butte 02 sept 2019
  Happy Birthday roos2er!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: