Forum Index > Trip Reports > Slesse Mtn., W/SW (easiest) Route. Aug. 15, 2019
Previous :: Next Topic  
xuanxier

xuanxier

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 12:31 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Full trip report:
http://stevensong.com/slesse-mountain

I was very surprised there hadn't had a lot of detailed trip reports about ascending Slesse via the climber's descent route, so here's mine. Finally wrote it out after almost a month of overdue because I was too busy peak-baggin' to write... If you are interested in tagging this elusive summit without the need to be a real rock climber then check it out.

--------------
http://stevensong.com
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
veronika

veronika

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 12:37 am 
up.gif  Nice. I need to get this one on my list! Thanks for the report!

--------------
Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping

I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Gimpilator

Gimpilator

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 9:02 am 
Thanks for this route beta.  Years ago I found some photos of the ledge route, but not much for description.  Have been curious about it ever since.  Many people in the future will be grateful to have your description.  up.gif up.gif

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/c/Zogador
http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=25744
http://www.peakbagger.com/climber/ClimbListC.aspx?cid=2650&sort=elevft&u=ft&j=-1&y=9999

Keep climbing mountains and don't slip!
awilsondc

awilsondc

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 9:20 am 
This is awesome!  Thank you for the valuable beta. 🙏🏻
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
RichP

RichP

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 9:23 am 
Nice one. Even the "easiest" route looks pretty daunting.

--------------
Without obsession, life is nothing. John Waters
neek

neek

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 11:10 am 
Cool, don't hear much about this one, and that's quite a bit of photo documentation.  Find myself again hoping for higher  res photos on your site some day.
xuanxier

xuanxier

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 12:52 pm 
Thanks. Reason for low res photo is 1. free storage. 2. faster loading speed (literally zero loading time for my long TRs). 3. I'm not a photographer and my camera is cheap. Some photos might actually look better being low res than high res..

I know some use other sites to store their photos such as Flicker and somehow manage to link the small photos to original size. My backups are just on my own computer which is kinda risky.

--------------
b00

b00

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 10:52 am 
thanks for t/r!  sounds fun.
if one was to do this as a multi-day trip, did you notice any great camps and if so, where?
:>)
iron
getting old

iron

getting old
PostMon Sep 09, 2019 12:27 pm 
b00 wrote:
if one was to do this as a multi-day trip, did you notice any great camps and if so, where?

is "one" related to "juan"?

--------------
man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle to resist the urge to punch 'em in the face, and for what?

--- moe sizlack
Downhill

Downhill

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 7:32 pm 
Congrats on a great "bag"!  Slesse is such a cool peak.  Props for going after that climb.  I remember being 3 times as gripped descending that than I was going up the NE Butt.

Really cool report and photos.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
xuanxier

xuanxier

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm 
b00 wrote:
thanks for t/r!  sounds fun.
:>)

The only spot that makes sense to camp is on the high knoll but water source is a problem after mid July on an average year. No water from the valley bottom until you are back to valley bottom. Can't count too much on finding a patch of snow unless somebody went there the day before and informed.

--------------
b00

b00

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 10:50 pm 
xuanxier wrote:
The only spot that makes sense to camp is on the high knoll but water source is a problem after mid July on an average year. No water from the valley bottom until you are back to valley bottom. Can't count too much on finding a patch of snow unless somebody went there the day before and informed.

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr

Mid Fork Rocks
PostTue Sep 10, 2019 8:43 pm 
Great info (which I will never use, BTW). Sometimes I'm glad peaks like Slesse are in another country -- that gives me permission to ignore them  wink.gif

--------------
Mid Fork Rocks flickr
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > Slesse Mtn., W/SW (easiest) Route. Aug. 15, 2019
  Happy Birthday outdoorgirl, wildernessed!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: