Forum Index > Trail Talk > Article: Trapped at waterfall, SOS sent in water bottle: Rescued.
Previous :: Next Topic  
bk

bk

PostWed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Times article, Sept. 10, 2019:
Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Brucester

Brucester

PostWed Sep 11, 2019 7:50 pm 
That's awesome!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Brushwork
Know your complex

Brushwork

Know your complex
PostWed Sep 11, 2019 11:11 pm 
I read that earlier and thought “wow , are they ever lucky”.   Maybe luck isn’t quite the word..more like amazing!

--------------
When I grow up I wanna play.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman
Slower than ever

Slugman

Slower than ever
PostWed Sep 11, 2019 11:48 pm 
I was canoeing in Lake Union a couple of weeks back, and found a message in a bottle. At first I thought it was litter, and fished it out, then saw a child's writing and drawing in crayon inside, so I set it back to floating. I hope I  didn't doom some little kid.  frown.gif

--------------
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore. There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but nature more..."  Childe Harold
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist

Sultan of Sweat
PostThu Sep 12, 2019 3:05 pm 
The rescue via bottle message is kind of cool, but the story is bizarre even aside from that.  His whole trip hinged on a massive rappel on a rope that he saw there 7 years prior?  And he was going to do it with a kid?  And how was he going to get his boat down?
uww

uww

PostThu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 pm 
Foist wrote:
And how was he going to get his boat down?

He was going to forage for a really big bottle.
mb

mb

PostFri Sep 13, 2019 2:20 pm 
Presumably this was a very small boat? Like an innertube or other inflatable? The canyon is less than 6' wide below the waterfall. Pretty  cool place.

A random page on it:
https://www.brianlucido.com/arroyo-seco-gorge-narrows/
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Article: Trapped at waterfall, SOS sent in water bottle: Rescued.
  Happy Birthday JPH, straydog!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: