Forum Index > Trail Talk > Graffiti vandal bragging about vandalizing at Multnomah Falls park
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
blightno

blightno
PostSat Mar 25, 2017 11:41 pm 
This stuff seriously infuriates me. Some imbecile is bragging on Instagram about vandalism at Multnomah Falls and tons of places all over town in Portland. Calling out for help to get this to stop. He doesn't brag about it with his name like previous idiot but he gives away businesses he's been to and "23 sucks" he showed on tape probably means his DOB 03/08/1994 or thereabout
Forestry Service notified so far. The culprit: https://www.instagram.com/therealcausekaos_/ https://www.instagram.com/p/BRwWXvUlLPO/ At the bar: https://www.instagram.com/p/BR7ISB_FqxI/ What a punk! https://www.instagram.com/p/BRtf_G_lJ_O/ "Beautiful day means catch 30+ tags and go catch a burner or two 😌👌🏻 #rezer #trck #klf 💕" There was an incident of this nature in the past and I don't think anything short of public call out would put a dent in these imbeciles' behavior. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/09/forest_service_used_facebook_t.html

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Mar 26, 2017 12:46 am 
welcome to the site. you might consider posting that on OregonHikers.org

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostSun Mar 26, 2017 9:37 am 
Funny thing about graffitti, the vandals think its some unique art form that makes a statement but I have no idea what its says. The words are always illegible swirls and bubbles to me.

Chico

Chico
PostSun Mar 26, 2017 11:04 am 
Another one that needs to just "disappear".

blightno

blightno
PostMon Mar 27, 2017 6:39 pm 
MyFootHurts wrote:
Funny thing about graffitti, the vandals think its some unique art form that makes a statement but I have no idea what its says. The words are always illegible swirls and bubbles to me.
Sometimes people write their everyday name or initials for nostalgia with a pocket knife or whatever they happen to have handy. These people aren't the biggest issue and usually becomes more considerate once they develop an awareness. Did you have a chance to look through his other pictures on his profile? You will gasp. Graffiti vandals with criminal intents seek thrill, street cred and freewheel street life. The psychology of graffiti vandals are not well understood by a lot of people. This is why sanctioned walls are ineffective. Not funny thing about graffiti is that habitual graffiti vandals often live a transient lifestyle and seek to mark their monikers at every location they visit. These are the kind of people behind spray painting a bunch of store fronts one day. People get mad about it for a moment but gets dismissed as moment of youthful thrill. None the wiser they're likely already on the road leaving their marks. Each serial tagger often cause 5-6 figure damage over the course of their criminal career.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Mar 27, 2017 7:53 pm 
Chico wrote:
Another one that needs to just "disappear".
up.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Brucester

Brucester
PostWed Sep 18, 2019 5:52 pm 
Why are people still legitimizing tags by saying "the cavemen did it." And why didn't cavewomen (or men) tag with their names Fisha or Zug?

kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostWed Sep 18, 2019 8:11 pm 
Until this crime is taken seriously with a fitting punishment (5 - 10 years in prison) nothing will change

kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostThu Sep 19, 2019 5:57 pm 
mosey wrote:
Most people won't tag natural features.
You don't get out much do you? I see all sorts of tagging on rocks and trees in the front country. Fortunately most is right by the road or within a mile of the trailhead but SOME people most certainly do tag "natural features" and seem to enjoy themselves doing it. Hiss boo0 on them!!

Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostFri Sep 20, 2019 1:29 pm 
What I want to know, is who he thinks will be impressed? He must have a BUNCH of D-bag friends if this is something he thinks will be admired. Looks like he took down his posts, the link no longer work.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostFri Sep 20, 2019 1:32 pm 
This douchebag has been at it for awhile...the images are from 2017 in this link. He needs a spanking (because he has not grown up) and jail time (because apparently he is an "adult"): https://imgur.com/JQGj7PI

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Dharmabum

Dharmabum
PostFri Sep 20, 2019 2:18 pm 
I don't understand why these guys when caught don't get sentenced to a graffiti removal work crew for a year. Would be free labor and cleaning up their own shite would maybe make them think twice before doing it again.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Sep 20, 2019 2:44 pm 
If that jerk is posting his vandalism to Instagram, can't LE get him thru his IP address? Isn't that how the National Park graffiti "artiste" finally got caught? (She was discussed in a thread here earlier in the year).

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Sep 20, 2019 2:46 pm 
More proof that Instagram is responsible for everything wrong with hiking. wink.gif

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostFri Sep 20, 2019 4:01 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
More proof that Instagram is responsible for everything wrong with hiking. wink.gif
lol.gif Yes, just like back in the day, we had "Kodachrome courage," now we have the "Instagram effect"