Forum Index > Stewardship > New drilling method opens vast oil fields in US
Previous :: Next Topic  
MtnGoat

MtnGoat

PostWed Sep 11, 2019 9:02 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sweet. We're #1!

Thank you to all the workers, entepreneurs, capitalists, and net energy producers of the US.

Quote:
According to this year's BP Statistical Review of World Energy, in 2017 the U.S. ranked:

#1 in total energy production
#1 in oil production
#1 in natural gas production
#1 in nuclear power
#1 in geothermal power
#1 in biofuels
#2 in wind power
#2 in solar power
#2 in coal production
#4 in hydropower

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2018/08/08/yes-the-u-s-is-the-worlds-top-energy-producer/#cf233c11faba

--------------
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
drm

drm

PostSun Sep 22, 2019 1:01 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
as much as you can

That's the important part of the quote. Most people are kind of stuck in the larger choices that society makes, and I mean they don't have a real choice if they want to live a half-way normal life. Individual choices can play a real role in highlighting policies and possibilities, but in the end, public policy guides what is practical for most people.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sculpin

Sculpin

PostWed Sep 25, 2019 7:45 am 
MtnGoat wrote:
It's deeper  than that. It's the outright refusal to accept and shoulder the dictates of one's own chosen ideals because of the pain and discomfort that would attend actually doing so, while one waits to use govt to make *other* people do so...in order to reduce the pain for the holder of the ideas.

rant.gif

Here we go again, listening to a person who was born blind telling us what the world looks like.

Eventually, we will board a bullet train that crosses the Cascades.  We will get off at a station where hydrogen powered vehicles are located.  We will swipe our credit card and enter the car we have reserved, and reach the trailhead.

Everyone who professes environmentalism would use the system.  You and Treeswarper would not, of course, you would still be in your F350s.

The reason a system like this does not exist now is because of people like you.  Which sure is handy when you want to whine about hypocrisy.

--------------
Even my best friends, they don't know, that my job is turning lead into gold. When you hear that engine drone, I'm on the road again, and I'm searching for the philosopher's stone - Van Morrison
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Stewardship > New drilling method opens vast oil fields in US
  Happy Birthday polecatjoe!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: