Forum Index > Partners > Looking for a ride to and/or from Mount Rainier 09/28-10/06
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
bohara

bohara
PostWed Sep 25, 2019 10:33 am 
Visiting in from Austin, Texas, don't have a car and don't want to book a rental car. Looking for somebody to get a ride with -- welcome to hike the trail with me as well! I'm flexible on time and location, but I'd like to leave from Seattle on Saturday, Sept. 28 and I have to be back by Sunday, Oct. 6 (flight leaves at like 11pm). I'm planning to hike the Wanderland trail around the mounain. Appreciate it if anyone is planning to head out that way!

Looking for a ride to and/or from Rainier; based on out Seattle
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Sep 26, 2019 12:07 am 
I hope you are prepared for snow , wind and freezing temperatures
Quote:
WAZ513-567>569-270000- Olympics-Cascades of Whatcom and Skagit Counties- Cascades of Snohomish and King Counties- Cascades of Pierce and Lewis Counties- 355 PM PDT Wed Sep 25 2019 ...SNOW DOWN TO 4000 FEET OR LOWER IN THE CASCADES OVER THE WEEKEND... A cold air mass associated with an upper level low will move over Western Washington beginning late Friday. The low will remain over the area through the weekend. Snow levels will lower to around 5000 feet Friday night, and then over the weekend the snow level will vary between 3000 and 5000 feet. Scattered showers in the Cascades will give areas above 4000 feet or so 2 to 6 inches of new snow by the end of the weekend. Snow levels will slowly rise and showers will come to an end the first part of next week as the low moves south of the area. Persons planning on going into the higher terrain this weekend should be prepared for winter like conditions. There is likely to be snow in all of the passes, which could impact travel. In particular, hikers and campers planning trips to the mountains should be prepared for cold snowy weather.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message