Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Oct 10, 2019 11:34 am 
tmatlack wrote:
I listen to sports talk radio a lot...mostly AM 710. With only 5 games played, I am amazed at the predictions coming from these folks...
That is their job. They need to hype. Why? They need people to listen to them. People do not listen when the sports teams suck. Same stuff every year from the Seattle Times when they hype the Mariners. They want you to buy/your time for them!

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Oct 13, 2019 1:45 pm 
All I can say is it’s a good thing we played a mediocre team that repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, but a win is a win.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSun Oct 13, 2019 1:48 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
... but a win is a win.
Especially on the road, and in the eastern time-zone.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Oct 13, 2019 2:09 pm 
I thought the Defense played well. We couldn't seem to run (when it mattered) and Wilson took some hits. Losing Dissly is going to hurt.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 13, 2019 4:45 pm 
Tom wrote:
I thought the Defense played well. We couldn't seem to run (when it mattered) and Wilson took some hits. Losing Dissly is going to hurt.
I didnt catch that. What happened to Dissly?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Oct 13, 2019 4:50 pm 
Achilles

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Oct 14, 2019 3:36 pm 
either Cleveland's receivers think it's a volley ball team instead of a football team or Mayfield throws a "heavy" ball, but I've never seen so many tipped up, bobbled and just plain muffed passes by a team since the early 2000's Seahawks. The Hawks seem to have that special element, one that you can't teach, can't coach and can't make happen - dumb luck! One that is a leading reason teams win it all. That blindside blocking penalty was just wrong on every level. The defender clearly was preparing himself for contact, even planning to take out the blocker to clear space for another defender. I've never been one to cry "nanny state" or lets just make it 2 hand touch, but that was just too much. But being a Hawks fan I have come to the conclusion that a bad call=a great play. The end result is all that matters. The Bus got his parade regardless of the number of F'ed up calls in the game.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Oct 15, 2019 9:56 pm 
The Rams just traded for Jalen Ramsey from the Jaguars. They paid two first round picks and a fourth for him, which is a huge price but then he is really good. I think it shows the Rams are in desperation mode. They are in win now mode, willing to sacrifice the future. The draft picks would have been controlled cost labor for years, instead they will be paying Ramsey a bundle. A mistake in my opinion unless he helps them win a title.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 4:58 pm 
Imho that was a terrible trade-deal the Rams made, and I doubt one player will turn that team around. The Rams are yesterdays news, the 49ers are the team to beat in the west. I think the 'Hawks offense is fine, but their defensive secondary is a ragtag group and very mediocre. Still they are a very good team and I'm happy with their season so far.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Oct 23, 2019 7:45 pm 
Three road wins! Two home losses! If you cant win at home, why are you playing? CRAP! I didnt see last weeks loss, but I was told Russell looked, out of it?????????

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Oct 23, 2019 9:40 pm 
Russell was fine other than one bad throw. Receivers didn't help him out nor did the refs other than gifting him a couple roughing calls. Main problem was the defense couldn't contain their QB.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Oct 24, 2019 11:08 am 
Baltimore's offense got lucky. They win by 14 points when 14 points are scored by the defense, yet suddenly their interception throwing QB is an MVP candidate? Right. Jackson was under no pressure at all, yet mainly looked mediocre, passing for only 93 yards after his third throw went for 50. I thought Jackson deserved an unsportsmanlkme conduct penalty when he spiked the ball after one of his temper tantrums. Ah, the internet to the rescue. It seems his spike was a penalty, but just a five yarder for delay of game. And the refs already called delay of game because Baltimore didn't snap the ball. I guess you can't delay the game twice on one play.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Oct 24, 2019 12:32 pm 
Without the 2 turnovers it would likely have been another win or loss by 3 points or less. As far as losing 2 games at home, big deal they just happened two be against a very good team (saints) and a pretty good team in the Ravens. Jackson didn’t need to pass since the ‘Hawks had no one to match up against his scrambling and running, he was simply the fastest man on the field. The hawks have had a fairly easy schedule thus far and the next two games are also against losing teams. However, beginning with the 49ers game, the schedule will get very tough and then we will see how this team stacks up. It’s a good thing that they addressed the secondaries injuries and signed an above average safety. IMO, they are a bit better than last year but I expect similar results, that being a wild card playoff birth then a loss in either the first or second round. Still they are a competitive and winning team and fun to watch, and hey that’s not so bad, they could be like the mariners.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostFri Oct 25, 2019 5:44 pm 
CJ - i like your attitude. We may not be on track for a Superbowl season, but the Hawks are a decent team that's fun to watch. Things are a lot better now than in the dark days of the '90s when i could get a ticket on the street corner for less than $20 to sit in a half empty Kingdome and watch Krieg, Stouffer, Kemp, or Mirer muff things up.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Nov 03, 2019 5:35 pm 
Damn, that was a nail biter!