Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Local Food Gems Near the Mountains
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Oct 15, 2019 10:37 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Wouldn't this thread constitute using social media to "ruin" an excellent eatery by flooding it with the unworthy hordes?
Only if your into stuff like quality ingredients and "atmosphere"/whatnot at the expense of quantity! Otherwise you WANT places getting overrun and business expanding so fast the quality gutters out but the portion sizes and availability more'n make up for it!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Oct 15, 2019 11:13 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Wouldn't this thread constitute using social media to "ruin" an excellent eatery by flooding it with the unworthy hordes?
This is a solid point. Our moral fingerprints are all over hungry hikers and family businesses. 😕

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Oct 16, 2019 3:37 pm 
I doubt the owners of the eateries in question would consider increased customers as ruin. Unlike any particular chunk of public land, they can just make more, food, space, and money.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Oct 16, 2019 3:37 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
This is a solid point. Our moral fingerprints are all over hungry hikers and family businesses. 😕
Yes. It's your actual vote on your take concerning all the judgments surrounding the action.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Oct 16, 2019 3:42 pm 
banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Oct 16, 2019 9:07 pm 
The Club is pretty big and if it is overrun, there is a good taco wagon nearby. We consider the Okanogan taco wagon to be the best but have not sampled the newer one in a most strategic location--next to a pot store in Omak.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Oct 16, 2019 9:15 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
I am wondering if the gentrification of Okanogan has begun. Isn't the first step when the artists move in? An art gallery is opening, we think, there. That's what the sign on the building said. What is the next step? Neither Omak or Okanogan has a brewery. There is a good selection of empty buildings to choose from. I would prefer a brewery to open in downtown Omak so I could walk down and stagger on home from sampling the brews. smile.gif But I guess I could also ride my bike to Okanogan for a pint.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 8:45 am 
treeswarper wrote:
Isn't the first step when the artists move in?
In the case of the Methow valley I think the 1st wave of gentrification was a combination of MSFT second homes, retirement homes and ex-spouses whom view themselves as artists but have never sold artwork to anyone other than their ex as a tax dodge.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 1:13 pm 
It was the opening of the highway for the Methow.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 3:58 pm 
ditto.gif That and the attempt to build a downhill ski resort on Sandy Butte and the ensuing brew ha ha and protests.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 5:47 pm 
DWB27 wrote:
Would like to hear of other places that satisfy after a long hike!
I quite like "Everybody's Brewery" in White Salmon. Good food, good PNW craft beer, nice (to my thinking) decor. Yeah, very good.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 10:39 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
ex-spouses whom view themselves as artists but have never sold artwork to anyone other than their ex as a tax dodge.
Well that痴 insulting. I値l make sure I never show you my art. Not that I would anyway.

When I grow up I wanna play.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSat Oct 19, 2019 10:23 am 
Brushwork wrote:
RandyHiker wrote:
ex-spouses whom view themselves as artists but have never sold artwork to anyone other than their ex as a tax dodge.
Well that痴 insulting. I値l make sure I never show you my art. Not that I would anyway.
I'm confused. Is this a big time scam these days? Seems very specific but most high yield/low risk scams are. I consider myself an artist and wouldn't mind capitalizing on any known loopholes that pay large dividends

Schroder

Schroder
PostSat Oct 19, 2019 12:59 pm 
Cabin fever has set in really early this year

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Oct 19, 2019 4:08 pm 
moonspots wrote:
I quite like "Everybody's Brewery" in White Salmon. Good food, good PNW craft beer, nice (to my thinking) decor. Yeah, very good.
I grew up in White Salmon. There aren't much in the way of places to eat in W.S. Everybody's is quite popular. I've only eaten there a few times (including a few weeks ago), agree it's good food.