Forum Index > Trail Talk > 2020 NWH Calendar and Holiday Potluck Social (12/20/2019)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 1:53 pm 
Calendar page winners are now revealed here! If you missed out on the pre-order you can order a calendar here - don't forget to enter a coupon code: AFFNEW20 (45% off for new customers), CHEER192 (40% off medium, 50% off large), NEWBOGO20A (buy 1 get 1 free for new customers). If you are a new mixbook customer the best option may be to use this referral link https://mixbook.extole.com/s/Thomas27 to sign up which will get you $20 off your first order. Planning to attend social (dish you're bringing): Tom (teriyaki meatballs), Michael (Costco combo pizza, beer, soda, plates), Opus (beer, meatballs), Nancyann +3 (baked spaghetti), Veronika (possibly!) (Some sort of dessert), JiimK (dessert), Ski (pie!), puzzlr (Phad Thai), marydave 2 (fruit salad), RumiDude (50/50 chance of atternding) (probably a salad with a few types of dressings), BarbE (Caesar Salad), Kim, maybe (Dessert), Matt (salad), Schroder (tbd), Tricia (chillie), williswall and Cassie (won't be able to make it), awilsondc (side dish - quinoa salad maybe), joker (probably rice and dal - foreign mountain adventure themed), Pyrites (Nanaimo bars, manicotti), Kenji+ (pasta salad), Hiker Mama (Not sure yet), neek (veg. fried rice), rubywrangler (deviled eggs, beer), zephyr (chicken yakisoba), Scrooge and Larch (Famous Grouse) - We'll be very late, Sculpin (just got in from out of town, but I will figure it out), Nickmtn (biscuits), elpezzz (utensils, cups, napkins), Lightning_bug (cheese plate, wine), gb (Salmon), Snowdog (chicken)

Wiki summmary last edited by Tom on Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:56 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Oct 16, 2019 12:25 pm 
Mark your calendars for the NWHikers.net Holiday Potluck Social, Friday, Dec 20 (7-10 PM) at University Heights (Map & Directions). The social will be free to attend (thanks to all who use our Amazon shopping link [more info] which covers our hosting and social costs). If you would like to donate we will again be sponsoring a SAR fundraiser (with a very brief presentation before the 2020 Calendar presentation to allow more time to socialize). Please edit the wiki above if you are planning to attend and keep an eye out for the 2020 Calendar submission thread in the next few days. Looking forward to yet another amazing calendar (thanks to the many talented contributors in this community) and seeing all who are able to attend this years social event!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 pm 
I had a great time at last year's calendar social. I got to put a face with a bunch of screen names I'd known for years, talk about hiking, see presentations with beautiful photos, and learned about a rewarding volunteer opportunity. If you have any thoughts about attending, you should.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 4:01 pm 
It’s a great opportunity for both old friends and new to meet in person and enjoy an evening of camaraderie and delicious food, plus the unveiling of the Calendar Contest winners!

RichP

RichP
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 4:16 pm 
Sounds great. I'm hoping to make it.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 4:16 pm 
This year's SAR presentation should be a lot of fun. I've asked Car68 if his team can do a short presentation walking us thru a backcountry hoist, prep logistics involved including calling for help early enough, etc. Who knows, maybe we'll even get a video clip of Aussie's honeymoon rescue from earlier this year.

veronika

veronika
PostFri Oct 18, 2019 4:34 pm 
I will be working. If I can get off early enough, I might make it a little late. Going to try! up.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Oct 18, 2019 5:44 pm 
Tom wrote:
"...if you are planning to attend..."
Of course! Do we have a wiki on this one yet? I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I will bring pie! smile.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Oct 18, 2019 9:15 pm 
Is the wiki not showing up for you?

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Oct 19, 2019 12:35 am 
it is now.... I may need to finally get around to switching browsers. dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostMon Oct 28, 2019 10:43 pm 
Depending on my wife's schedule, I may be able to attend this year. It will be close to mid-December before I know for sure. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Michael Lewis
Taking a nap

Michael Lewis
Taking a nap
PostFri Nov 01, 2019 1:33 pm 
can you make the calendar submission thread a sticky so people can see it easily?

peppersteak'n'ale

peppersteak'n'ale
PostFri Nov 01, 2019 10:09 pm 
What's the parking situation at this location?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Nov 01, 2019 10:14 pm 
Plenty and free.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Nov 03, 2019 2:15 pm 
Somebody deleted my August photo from the calendar contest. confused.gif I put it back. Please be careful when editing.