Forum Index > Gear Talk > Electric Bikes
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Oct 20, 2019 1:10 pm 
No way on Tonasket to Wauconda. There is no shoulder on that road. It's enough to drive it. It is an official bike route and should have official shoulders on it. It is better once you get on the other side, just a bit. I feel the same about The Loup, but it is a bit wider than the other. Otherwise, it would be a nice ride. I am always on the alert for bicyclists when I drive it. I'm about to ride to the library then back up.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
call-151

call-151
PostMon Oct 21, 2019 9:32 am 
I finally finished putting together my ebike. Giant Talon 2 BBSHD motor Em3EV 52v 17Ah battery Eggrider display Now if this rain will just go away I can take her for a spin!
Ebike
Ebike

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Oct 21, 2019 10:20 am 
They won't melt.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Oct 21, 2019 11:41 am 
It seems like there's a rule that ebikes must have flat bars? For what it's worth, you don't have to put drop bars below the saddle, they can go as high as you want them. But they give you more hand positions, which lets you move your back around for some relief on long rides. Far more comfortable after an hour or two.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Oct 21, 2019 11:58 am 
That's the beauty of the BBSxx mid drives. You can pretty much put them on any bike. Here's one with drop bars: https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/11/05/death-trap-2000-road-bike-diy-bbshd-8-speed-e-bike-1200-36lbs-w-out-battery/ Nice looking bike call-151! How much did it cost you for the entire setup?

call-151

call-151
PostMon Oct 21, 2019 1:45 pm 
Thanks Tom! The cost was almost 3000 Cdn or 2300 US. The motor kit and battery cost double what the bike cost.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Oct 21, 2019 9:19 pm 
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Oct 21, 2019 10:12 pm 
No big thing to me but was on the bridal trails at Acadia and had ebikes ging by with fat tourons. It seemed kind of sad. The trails were not that hard. No big deals as there were carriages of tourons you had to yield to at the same time which were more irritating. Just to me if you need aid why not get a motorcycle?

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
call-151

call-151
PostTue Oct 22, 2019 8:45 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Just to me if you need aid why not get a motorcycle?
Ebikes are less of a footprint and easier to store at home, easier to fit on a car's bike rack, quieter. However if I had a garage to store all my crap I might have considered a motorbike.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Oct 29, 2019 10:41 pm 
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Nov 22, 2019 10:01 pm 
Seriously considering picking up a Lectric XP for $879. Not a fan of rear hub drives but would be nice to have an inexpensive folding fat tire bike and it gets favorable reviews. $550 cheaper than a rad mini (after tax). https://electrek.co/2019/11/20/review-lectric-xp-electric-bike-fat-tire-fun/

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Nov 23, 2019 6:53 am 
Folding is nice. If you don't want a rack, and don't have a pickup, you can buy a big Rubbermaid tub that the bike will fit in. You put the bike in the tub and slide it into the backseat. It's easier than wrasseling a bike into a car. That is, if the bike is the same size as a Radmini.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Feb 06, 2020 5:44 pm 
EDIT: seems they sold out quickly! Now back in stock again! If anyone is looking for a decent ebike that won't break the bank these 2018 Easy Motion closeouts are an excellent buy at $777 ($150 shipping). Saw them mentioned on the EBR forums. https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/marketplace/buy-now/?content=Rebel Pros: Reputable brand (BH Easy Motion) Yamaha PW motor (very reliable, good torque for a 250W motor) Mid-drive (better for climbing hills) Decent components (hydraulic brakes, the Gravel has disc) Relatively light for a budget e-bike (under 50 pounds, Gravel is closer to 42) New (0 miles) Cons: 30 day warranty (BH warranty would normally be an amazing 5 years) 400 Wh battery (most ebikes are now 500+ Wh) No throttle / restricted to 20 mph Assist limited to 100 RPM pedal cadence EBR reviews (Cross Lite is similar to the 2 hard tail Rebels but with hybrid tires): Gravel: https://electricbikereview.com/easy-motion/rebel-gravel-x-pw/ Cross Lite: https://electricbikereview.com/easy-motion/rebel-cross-lite-pw/ Manufacturer specs: Rebel 27.5" Rebel 29" Gravel Videos):

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 1:39 am 
The ebikes above are back in stock. Won't last (previews 2 times they were listed they disappeared abruptly after a day or so). Great buy at $777 + $150 shipping. I picked up a couple just to have some backups.

Slugman
It痴 a Slugfest!

Slugman
It痴 a Slugfest!
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 10:14 am 
Awesome deal. If I had $900 I would buy one of the yellow models, in frame size L. All the others are M.