Forum Index > Trip Reports > The Larch
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Oct 24, 2019 2:54 pm 
Yesterday, after it warmed up, I drove up to the Loup with the Demon Dog to commune with The Larch. I guess I should work in the word, epic, so it was EPIC LARCH. I parked at the closed gate to the ski hill. I took no maps and was going from memory and my memory had an EPIC FAIL. I was looking for the gabion trail and ended up in the Loup Loup campground. So, I backtracked and went another way. The area had been........................logged. I was outraged to see this cairn along the snowmobile trail.
My wilderness experience was rocky at this point. The Demon Dog was trying NOT to look like a mule deer buck. She was also.....unleashed and had probably pooped somewhere in the woods. Not to worry, karma happened as we shall see.
We walked onward. I seemed to remember the Gabion Trail might be in the area, but then I zigged when I should have zagged. I think we were on the bobsled run because.....the signs said so. I walked and the Demon tore until the trail started going downwards. Then I turned around and we started back. The Larch
The Larch and the ski hill, where I used to ski quite frequently.
The token Aspen
On the way back, the Demon Dog blasted past me. She was accompanied by a stench. A foul stench. To be sure of the source, I called her back. Yup. Epic stench. No creeks or ponds were nearby. I used up what was left of my Wet Ones and a half a quart of water. It was still pretty bad. I carry emergency dog deoderant and used that on her. We made it back home, and for the second time this week, a dog bath was had. Today I hiked the Walmarche and got a mega pack of dog wipes. We plan to be going on another unleashed dog run tomorrow. Oh, and I found the trail I had wanted to go up. Next time?

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Oct 25, 2019 7:31 am 
Ready for today's unleashed adventure.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Oct 25, 2019 9:09 am 
I dare somebody to try and kick that cairn over.