Forum Index > Trip Reports > Olympic Mountains Traveling Summit and Lake Register
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostSun Aug 17, 2008 12:54 pm 
Homes of the Olympic Mountain Traveling Summit and Lake Register: Oly the 1st: Buckhorn - Goats Gone Wild and HJT, retrieved by MtnWkr Oly Peak - MtnWkr, retrieved by Adrewzki Moose Peak - moosefish, retrieved by Ancient Ambler & Mtn John Grand View Peak - Ancient Ambler & Mtn John, retrieved by bobbi Mt. Jupiter - bobbi, retrieved by seattlehikertoo Mt. Rose - seattlehikertoo, retrieved by NWtrax Mt. Ellinor - NWtrax, retrieved by Shoo fly Colonel Bob - Shoo Fly (until it went missing in action) Oly the 2nd: Mt. Townsend - HJT, retrieved by HJT Welch Peak - HJT, retrieved by Jennifer S. and bobbi Maiden Peak - bobbi, Jennifer S, Jen's kids, Debbie, Cindy, retrieved by reststep Elk Mountain - reststep, retrieved by Captain Jack and Silly Traveller Blue Mountain- C.J./S.T., retrieved by Timmie and crabio Mount Zion - Crabio and Timmie, retrieved by ScottM Mt. Angeles - ScottM, retrieved by HJT Obstruction Peak - HJT, retrieved by bobbi, cindy songbird, & susie Ridge To Mt. Baldy - bobbi, Lisa & Neil, Debbie, retrieved by greendog Mt. Walker - bobbi, HJT, Lisa & Neil, retrieved by ADrewzki. Lower Lena Lake - ADrewzki, retrieved by Mossy Mom Ralph's New Place up on the Hill - Mossy Mom, retrieved by Olympic Hiker North Summit, Mt. Townsend - Olympic Hiker - retrieved by HiT Mt. Ellinor - HiT Oly the 3rd: Mt. Walker, North Summit - Hesman, retrieved by Ranger Rock Lower Lena Lake - Ranger Rock, retrieved by meck Mt. Muller - meck, retrieved by bobbi Lake Angeles - bobbi - retrieved by reststep Tyler Peak - reststep - retrieved by seekapeak Cub Peak - seekapeak - retrieved by meck Mt. Rose - meck - retrieved by Old Mountain Man Mt. Ellinor - old mountain man Missing in Action once again Oly the 4th: Valhalla Peak - reststep - retrieved by bobbi, blaze, bonita Eagle Point - bobbi & bonita - retrieved by Hesman Obstruction Point - Hesman - retrieved by meck (former) Lake Mills - meck - retrieved by bobbi Striped Peak - bobbi & Blaze - retrieved by reststep Green Mountain (Olympic National Park between Deer Park and Maiden Peak) - reststep - retrieved by reststep Silver Lakes Peak Buckhorn Wilderness (Peak 6030 above Silver Lake) - reststep: retrieved by bobbi, Michelle, and Cindy Bogachiel Peak-bobbi and Cindy E, retrieved it since no one else wanted to get it! Glines Canyon-bobbi * retrieved the register and placed it somewhere else. let me know if interested or just end it! Please link to OMTSR TR's to this thread if they are not posted within the Olympic Mountains Traveling Summit Register thread.

Wiki summmary last edited by bobbi on Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:53 am (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
reststep

reststep
PostThu Aug 15, 2019 8:45 am 
I am in possession of OLY again. bobbi, I found the views this time up here on Green Mountain.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Nov 04, 2019 7:44 pm 
so where are you thinking of placing Oly4? had I remembered about it, I would have gotten it from Green Peak. I think it's called Green Peak, but hey, I know what you meant, ha! I was just on the striped peak trail today and was talking about the register. I totally forgot about it. keep us posted!!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
reststep

reststep
PostMon Nov 04, 2019 10:53 pm 
I was thinking of placing it on Hawk Peak or The Castle. A couple of other spots I was thinking about are Cloudy Peak or Petunia Peak. I will have to wait until I get back from Maui and then there might be too much snow.

meck

meck
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 7:47 pm 
Those are good options reststep. If it ends up being too snowy, I'd recommend considering one of the wooded bumps on the east side of the peninsula (some of those low peaks near the Dose/Duck/Little Quilcene River). You can drive along the FS roads to just below many of them, then bushwhack up old FS roads & slopes to place it.

*Just say NO to Rent-Seeking, don't give up the concept of "ownership"*
reststep

reststep
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 8:50 pm 
Good idea. Buck Mountain or Old Quilcene Lookout might work.

meck

meck
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 9:43 pm 
Hi reststep, is the register enjoying a nice indoor vacation biggrin.gif ?

*Just say NO to Rent-Seeking, don't give up the concept of "ownership"*
reststep

reststep
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 4:15 pm 
Oh no I forgot about it. I do still have it. smile.gif If it stops raining for a couple of days I am going to have to see about placing it somewhere.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Jan 26, 2020 6:56 pm 
you can take the register to the benches on the deer ridge trail! I was just there last Saturday. Highwalker's Daughter broke trail for us. thanks! we only wore spikes. her new Honda CRV did well on the road to the slab camp parking lot. the road should be better now, with some snow melt and rain.

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
reststep

reststep
PostFri Jul 03, 2020 6:04 pm 
Oly has a new home. It is now on Silver Lakes Peak in the Buckhorn Wilderness. Silver Lakes Peak is peak 6030 above Silver Lakes. I had never heard of Silver Lakes Peak but saw a trip report on the WTA website where they used that name and it seems like an appropriate name so I used the name also. If you look at the Mt. Townsend quad you will see a peak above Silver Lakes labeled 6030 and that is where the Oly register is now. Here is a link to the WTA trip report. https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-reports/trip_report-2020-06-19-5350622974 I went up there today and was thinking about placing the register either on Silver Lakes Peak or Hawk Peak. I hiked up the Silver Lakes Way Trail and when I got to the top of the ridge above Silver Lakes it was socked in so I decided I didn't need to try and get to Hawk Peak in those conditions. Besides I am old and slow so I placed the register on Silver Lakes Peak.

silence

silence
PostSat Jul 04, 2020 6:39 am 
reststep wrote:
Here is a link to the WTA trip report. https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-reports/trip_report-2020-06-19-5350622974
Wow! Nice work! up.gif up.gif up.gif

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan
reststep

reststep
PostSat Jul 04, 2020 8:25 am 
Thanks but it is not my trip report. I posted a link to it to show where I got the name "Silver Lakes Peak".

silence

silence
PostSat Jul 04, 2020 2:26 pm 
Ha ha ... I didn't catch that smile.gif

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostThu Jul 09, 2020 2:52 pm 
dang! super new home

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostWed Aug 05, 2020 4:54 pm 
am I too lazy to head to Silver Lakes Peak? did you start from the way trail? is there a trail to the peak?

reststep

reststep
PostWed Aug 05, 2020 7:10 pm 
bobbi wrote:
am I too lazy to head to Silver Lakes Peak?
No, you can do it bobbi, no problem. I think it is easier than Welch Peaks. Yes I hiked the way trail to Silver Lakes. There is a trail or boot beaten path to the pass above the lake. Once you get to the pass above the lake look around for a boot beaten path that goes to the left and head that direction. If you decide to go up there let me know and I will send some pictures that show where the register is located.