Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Global Warming
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 2:20 pm 
Strawmen make poor arguments. Logical fallacies are not your friend, nor do valid arguments need them, or rely on them. Ever. The deeper question is, inside your head are you using such an argument to make decisions, even if you were stop posting them?

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
thunderhead

thunderhead
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 4:02 pm 
Tom wrote:
extrapolating gauge data with an excel graph.
Old tricks are the best tricks. In this debate the need for fancy models and more precise methods is 0. We are not getting to 2m sea level rise by the end of this century, and it will not be close.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 4:20 pm 
The worst part of such failures is that they're simply forgotten in favor of new claims. Nothing is falsfiable when you won't accept falsification, or simply excuse it, claim they're better now, and set forth once again without re-examining your faith.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 4:30 pm 
Well, when you are talking about the tail, no it isn't likely to happen. That doesn't really say anything about failure of the model.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 6:36 pm 
That, will arrive later.

Parked Out

Parked Out
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 8:26 pm 
climate emergency
climate emergency
"Just say you're a scientist." Lol. No wonder some of us are so cynical.
climate emergency_2
climate emergency_2

John
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 11:00 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
CC wrote:
But I won't take up your time with a lengthy post, I know you have lots of work to do: axioms are being attacked by logical fallacies; correlations are overwhelming causations; the value judgments of innocent people are in danger; and, apparently, the elites are trying to burden Leprechauns with onerous regulations. Scientific method, no mulligans, must falsify, must falsify...
Repeating arguments you don't like doesn't make them untrue or innoculate poor arguments against them. The tactic is merely an aspect of your religion. It's like complaining that a financial statement has too many numbers by making a list of the places numbers are used because you don't like that the balance shown is in the red. Just like the argument for AGW.
There are no arguments there, it's just parody. However it's probably pointless to try to parody you, given that you are basically self-parodying. Have you noticed how often you repeat yourself? Have you noticed how often you repeat yourself? I really shoudn't be mocking you though, since it may well be that you have something in common with Greta Thunberg.

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 11:07 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
When your arguments are not falsifiable, you argue to ignore logic because we don't have time for too much thinking, and the priests cannot be questioned, then you wind up here... Examples of how AGW fanaticism mirrors religion. confessions: tithing impositions martyrdom heretics are fired, but not in the old sense, for now fatwas multiply sacraments for the observant and the topper the end times eschatology
I notice you still have not noted who the warmist's alleged sky god is. On the other hand, I have heard that free-market zealots, who comprise a large portion of denialists, worship a powerful sky god they call The Great Invisible Hand.

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
Gregory

Gregory
PostWed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 am 
You know your right when the opposition resorts to calling you stupid and mocking you instead of refuting you. Grade school behavior by adults claiming to be better and smarter. Funny stuff. Fun to watch ...sometimes.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 am 
CC wrote:
There are no arguments there, it's just parody. However it's probably pointless to try to parody you, given that you are basically self-parodying. Have you noticed how often you repeat yourself? Have you noticed how often you repeat yourself? I really shoudn't be mocking you though, since it may well be that you have something in common with Greta Thunberg.
Did you expect some 'new' thing to come along? Why? Did you b**ch all the way through math class about repetition on addition and multiplication, everywhere? Do you actually expect arguments about objective facts and science to change to suit you? Shall we hold you to the same standard in your objections and arguments? Once you've made an argument, you cannot make it again to address the same repeated assertion? Please explain the principle you're using to critique my repetitions. This way, we can judge it properly without you claiming I'm using strawmen. Of course, you'll evade explaining your principle on this because there isn't one you want public. I have a lot in common with Greta. I'm human, I eat, I breathe, etc. But that isn't what you meant. You are intentionally making yet another public ad hom attack by impugning people on the autism spectrum. Nice. I wonder if you consider yourself one of the inclusive, tolerant people. I guess your tactics are acceptable because of your intentions.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am 
CC wrote:
I notice you still have not noted who the warmist's alleged sky god is. On the other hand, I have heard that free-market zealots, who comprise a large portion of denialists, worship a powerful sky god they call The Great Invisible Hand.
I didn't claim they had one, so I'm not on the hook to explain what I never said in the first place. It's no surprise free market zealots might comprise a large portion of folks who deny what isn't true in the first place. After all, their principles rest upon people acting as they actually are, without evasions, and how they actually make decisions, also without evasion. They're well equipped to spot BS. When a 'science' relies upon defenders who use methods like you apply, the fact that is isn't is self evident.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Nov 06, 2019 10:22 am 
Gregory wrote:
You know your right when the opposition resorts to calling you stupid and mocking you instead of refuting you. Grade school behavior by adults claiming to be better and smarter. Funny stuff. Fun to watch ...sometimes.
These tactics form much of the basis for warming enthusiasts in this discussion, from nearly everyone pushing the AGW line.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 am 
gb wrote:
Brian R wrote:
This sounds a lot like the 2007 IPCC report that claimed Himalayan glaciers would be completely gone by 2035. rolleyes.gif
redface.gif
Fanaticism sees predictive failures as a don't care. Boring. In real science or people applying valid logic, they're signs that your process and claims are wrong.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Nov 06, 2019 10:26 am 
Parked Out wrote:
"Just say you're a scientist." Lol. No wonder some of us are so cynical.
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-11/uos-wsd103119.php 11,000 scientists say we're doomed. Unless the little people are forced to do things the priests themselves, won't choose to do. Note that once again, the political roots are showing.
Parked Out wrote:
Stabilise global population, which is increasing by more than 200,000 people a day, using approaches that ensure social and economic justice.

Parked Out

Parked Out
PostWed Nov 06, 2019 10:46 am 
MtnGoat wrote:
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-11/uos-wsd103119.php 11,000 scientists say we're doomed. Unless the little people are forced to do things the priests themselves, won't choose to do. Note that once again, the political roots are showing.
Parked Out wrote:
Stabilise global population, which is increasing by more than 200,000 people a day, using approaches that ensure social and economic justice.
Oh yeah.... they can't contain themselves long enough to even pretend it isn't political. Here's the Port Angeles City Council on adopting some stupid climate change resolution: “The City Council will work with regional governments, organizations and businesses in efforts to transition our local economy to carbon neutral by 2030 while ensuring that all efforts are centered in equity and respect for all community members.” Barf.

John