Forum Index > Stewardship > Wolves need our help NOW!
Previous :: Next Topic  
Ski
><((((°>

Ski

><((((°>
PostTue Oct 15, 2019 9:11 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tuesday October 15, 2019 09:21 PDT

WDFW GRAY WOLF UPDATE

A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website: https://wdfw.wa.gov/species-habitats/at-risk/species-recovery/gray-wolf/updates

-WDFW-

--------------
"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. 
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski
><((((°>

Ski

><((((°>
PostFri Oct 18, 2019 12:47 pm 
Friday October 18, 2019 13:43 PDT

WDFW GRAY WOLF UPDATE

A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website: https://wdfw.wa.gov/species-habitats/at-risk/species-recovery/gray-wolf/updates

-WDFW-

--------------
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski
><((((°>

Ski

><((((°>
PostWed Oct 30, 2019 10:40 pm 
Wednesday October 30, 2019 14:50 PDT

WDFW NEWS RELEASE

Wolf post-recovery scoping public comment period extended two weeks

Your chance to comment on how Washington's gray wolves should be managed once they are no longer state-listed and where they are managed under state authority is being extended two weeks, until Nov. 15. This gives people more time to submit input, especially those in rural areas without internet service.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is using a multi-year State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) process to develop a post-recovery wolf management and conservation plan. The plan development includes an extensive public outreach component. The public can provide input through 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 15. After that, the next opportunity will be when WDFW drafts an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) in late 2020 that evaluates actions, alternatives, and impacts related to long-term wolf conservation and management.

"The current plan the department uses to guide wolf conservation and management was started in 2007 and developed over five years specifically to inform wolf recovery. Because wolves are moving toward recovery in Washington, it is time to develop a new plan," said Julia Smith, WDFW wolf coordinator. "This is just the start of the process, so if you don't get your input to us by Nov. 15, there will be more opportunities in 2020."

Since 2008, the state's wolf population has grown an average of 28 percent per year. With a minimum of 126 individuals, 27 packs, and 15 successful breeding pairs during the last annual population survey, biologists are confident that Washington's wolf population is on a path to successful recovery. 

"Although it may be a few years before meeting wolf recovery goals, we want to proactively start the conversation about how we should conserve and manage wolves in Washington for the long-term in our state, post-recovery," said Smith.

More information, background, and frequently asked questions on wolf post-recovery planning is on the WDFW website.

An online survey and online commenting are available at wdfw.wa.gov/species-habitats/at-risk/species-recovery/gray-wolf/post-recovery-planning. There is also a comment form that can be printed and mailed to the Department or general comments can be sent through the U.S. Mail to Lisa Wood, SEPA/NEPA Coordinator, WDFW Habitat Program, Protection Division, P.O. Box 43200, Olympia, WA 98504. Comments submitted via mail must be postmarked by Nov. 15.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlifeis the state agency tasked with preserving, protecting and perpetuating fish, wildlife and ecosystems, while providing sustainable fishing, hunting, and other recreation opportunities.

-WDFW-

--------------
Jake Neiffer

Jake Neiffer

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 10:11 pm 
Incredible work by Aldersprings Ranch in Idaho of preventing predation on cattle via night penning.  Not sure how financially feasible this model is for ranches receiving commodity prices  but impressive nonetheless.  I believe Aldersprings typically has 5 people on horseback with their herd.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B2LGR8IHelu/
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper

Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 pm 
I'd like to download a long article about a range rider in Ferry County, but can't figure out how to do it.  It is in the 11/3 (sunday) edition of the Spokesman Review.  I have a subscription.

--------------
What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski
><((((°>

Ski

><((((°>
PostFri Nov 08, 2019 7:15 pm 
Monday October 28, 2018 13:34 PDT

WDFW GRAY WOLF UPDATE

-WDFW-

===========================================================

Thursday October 31, 2019 10:35 PDT

WDFW GRAY WOLF UPDATE

-WDFW-

--------------
Ski
><((((°>

Ski

><((((°>
PostTue Nov 12, 2019 12:22 pm 
Tuesday November 12, 2019 08:04 PST

WDFW GRAY WOLF UPDATE

-WDFW-

--------------
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 5:24 pm 
Ski when is WDFW supposed to make their report to the governor on wolves?
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Stewardship > Wolves need our help NOW!
  Happy Birthday fogpeople!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: