Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UW volleyball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Nov 10, 2019 2:59 pm 
3-1 win against OSU. Cruised in set 1 and 3, dropped set 2, 25-23 in set 4 to close it out. A bit of lineup shuffling. Grote and Niece both played at MB and Hoffman and Crenshaw both saw some action. Big match for Bajema, 20 kills hitting .447. Drechsel w/ 17 and .350.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 pm 
Colorado put up some resistance in set 1 but after that UW cruised to the sweep. Utah won, Washington St. and Cal lost. The 4 way tie for 2nd is down to 2 teams, and they play on Sunday, so winner will be all alone in 2nd place.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 3:54 pm 
Strange match today. UW crushed the Utes in the first set, and got off to a good start in set 2. Then the wheels fell off the bus, and Utah easily won 2 and 3. Huskies bounced back w/ a easy set 4, now about to start the 5th. I don't even have a guess what will happen.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 4:27 pm 
WOW! Dawgs trailed 13-9 in the 5th, battled back to force extra points and took a 21-19 thriller. Huge gut check win. Way to go Dawgs.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Nov 24, 2019 2:14 pm 
Dawgs win 3-1 against both of the Arizona schools this weekend. They are currently on a 7 match winning streak. 2 games up on Utah for 2nd place, with only 2 matches left. Stanford 2 games ahead of UW in first place. That pair of victories against Wisconsin keeps looking better and better. The Badgers had a surprising loss to Ohio St., but that's the only match they've dropped in conference. They've beaten Minnesota twice, about to beat Nebraska for a second time. 1 win against Penn St. and have another match coming up against them.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Dec 01, 2019 10:11 am 
The Dawgs just can't stop dropping the first set. Were down 0-2 against Cal before rallying for the 3-2 win on Wednesday (?). Yesterday was Senior Day against Wazzu. Traded winning sets, unfortunately they lost the first set again, and the last, so dropped a 5 setter against the Cougs. They lost both matches against WSU this year. Regular season is over, now they await the unveiling of the playoff brackets. I think that happens today, not sure of the time.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Dec 01, 2019 7:10 pm 
Wow, I feel really bad for Cal. They've been down for several years, had a nice season, had a bit of a losing streak at the end. Still won 20 games and went .500 in the Pac 12. That should've made them a lock for the playoff tournament. Nope, they got left out. I guarantee you there are several at large berths given to teams that are not as good as Cal. Weird. Pac 12 only got 6, kind of a low number. Washington got the #8 seed (they seed the top 16, then just randomly place the rest of the field of 64; except Penn St. always gets an absolute garbage team in the 2nd round...always). First round opponent Winthrop, then would face winner of Colorado St. vs. South Carolina.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 3:47 pm 
Dawgs in action tonight. Listed start time is 7:30 but that is variable. They are the second match of the night, so if the first match is a 5 setter the tip off could be potentially a little later (I think it's generally 30 minutes after the end of the previous match in those circumstances). Winthrop is 24-4 but they obviously don't play the same level of competition as in the Pac 12. Winner will face either Colorado St. or South Carolina. Colorado St. worries me a bit. They only lost 1 match all year, to Cal early in the season. When the Huskies are "on" they can truly beat anybody, but they are "on" far too infrequently. I don't think Pac 12 Network will be broadcasting it. I read somewhere UW is streaming the game, should be able to find a link on their official gohuskies athletic site. ESPN will broadcast some of the matches later in the tournament. Totally unrelated, but the women's soccer Final 4 is going on this weekend. 3 Pac 12 teams still going, including Washington St. who has made a really improbable run deep in the tournament. Of the last 8 teams left, everybody was seeded either #1 or #2 in their region except the Cougs, who weren't seeded at all. It would be pretty cool to see WSU win a National Championship, I'm not sure they've ever claimed a Natty ever, in any sport. But barring that I'd just like to see a Pac 12 team win to keep that "Conference of Champions" thing rolling that drives everybody else crazy.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 9:36 pm 
Not surprisingly the match got started WAY later than 7:30. Dawgs up 21-20 nearing the end of the first set. It's streaming, but I think I'm too nervous to watch. Maybe they just have to get that clunky first set out of their system and then they'll roll.

JimK

JimK
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 10:04 pm 
The Huskies won the first set then rolled in the second set 25-10.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 10:28 pm 
Yeah 25-10 in both set 2 and 3. Coach Cook emptied the bench in the 3rd set. Bajema was dominant w/ 18 kills hitting .667 in only 2 sets.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 07, 2019 9:42 pm 
UW fell behind early and rallied late to win set 1 and 2, then just demolished South Carolina in the 3rd set. Moving on. Next up Kentucky

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 13, 2019 2:44 pm 
UW beat Kentucky 3-1 just now. Both won a lopsided set and Dawgs won 2 close sets. Bajema has been on fire all during the playoffs, she could use some more help from the other OHs. The MBs have been taking turns having solid matches. It was Niece's turn today. Next up Baylor, the host for this Regional and the #1 seed in the tournament. Not feeling great about UW's chances, unless Drechsel and Hoffman both significantly up their game from what they've been doing in the playoffs. Getting to the Final 4 would be great, I feel fairly good about getting to the Elite 8. This team's extremely up and down performances throughout the season had me worried about an early exit.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 14, 2019 1:44 pm 
Yesterday's match wasn't televised, but today's will be. 1 pm on ESPNU. First match of the day, all 4 Regional Finals are on ESPNU. Stanford survived a 5 setter against Utah, only 2 Pac 12 teams left. A bunch of Big 10 teams still going but hopefully most of them will be eliminated today. Louisville pulled off a shocking upset over #2 seeded Texas in Austin yesterday, has to be one of the biggest upsets in NCAA Volleyball Tournament history. Louisville is unseeded.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 14, 2019 2:16 pm 
Huskies looked a bit shell shocked to start the match, now starting to settle in a little bit. Baylor's OH Pressley has been spectacular so far, 7 kills on 7 swings and nearly outscoring UW by herself. They've looked completely helpless trying to stop her.