Forum Index > Gear Talk > More Costco stuff
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Navy salad

Navy salad
PostSun Oct 27, 2019 1:09 pm 
Well, Costco has a great return policy. Whether you could return one purchased from Costco to Eddie Bauer or not, I'm not sure.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Oct 28, 2019 2:50 pm 
I used to have an Eddie Bauer down vest I got for a song at Costco. Lasted years, was warm, packed down small, I'm not sure how much more you can ask. But a kitten peed on it and that's not exactly a warranty issue.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 pm 
Costco will have Duracell 500lu headlamps three for $15 on Friday with batteries.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 5:38 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
I used to have an Eddie Bauer down vest I got for a song at Costco. Lasted years, was warm, packed down small, I'm not sure how much more you can ask. But a kitten peed on it and that's not exactly a warranty issue.
When I return stuff to CostCo, I open with "I'm returning this" and then shut up. If they ask me questions I will answer truthfully. So far the only follow up question I've been asked was "do you want the refund on your credit card or as a CostCo cash card?" Best return was a 4+ year old Dyson vacuum cleaner that had stopped working due to burned belts. The CostCo person noted -- you had two weeks left on the manufacturers warranty. I took a cash card. Went back in and bought the current equivalent Dyson model, $100 worth of food and walked out with $100 still on the cash card.

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 6:05 pm 
I have also found when returning stuff they don't want the long story. They just want to move you along so they can help the next person.

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the strongest, but I don't want to be. I only want to be the best I can be.
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 6:36 pm 
I tried the Costco dried eggs. Ugh, didn't like. Maybe I didn't use them properly.

JimmyBob

JimmyBob
PostMon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 pm 
SwitchbackFisher wrote:
I have also found when returning stuff they don't want the long story. They just want to move you along so they can help the next person.
Costco still makes their profit on anything you return. The item manufacturer has to eat the full return cost.

Navy salad

Navy salad
PostTue Nov 19, 2019 2:48 pm 
Riverside Laker wrote:
I tried the Costco dried eggs. Ugh, didn't like. Maybe I didn't use them properly.
If you want to give them one more try, I suggest perhaps a half recipe for the "Pesto Egg bites" recipe on the box. I served these to two different people and they could not tell they were not made with fresh eggs. But be sure to get the ratio of water to powder correct!

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Nov 19, 2019 3:28 pm 
I noticed today that Costco has some new snowshoes now different from the Yukon Charlie ones they had before. They were $69 a pair with poles and sold under the Cascade Designs mark used for their trekking poles. There are three sizes. Probably a good entry snowshoe looking similar to Atlas shoes. Other than that I know not.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
mike

mike
PostTue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 pm 
Fleece -lined flannel shirt (Freedom Foundry) $15 Paleo Bars. yumm

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Oct 11, 2020 1:38 pm 
Costco in Issaquah has Bavarian Meats mini landjeager In a 10 lb bag for $10 they seem to tast the same as the regular ones.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Oct 12, 2020 6:03 am 
I just bought some Golden Island Korean Pork Jerky at Costco. It is addictive! And it says “use or refrigerate within three days of opening”, making it hiking friendly. https://www.goldenislandjerky.com/our-blends/korean-bbq-pork/

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 pm 
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostTue Oct 20, 2020 6:13 am 
JimmyBob wrote:
Costco still makes their profit on anything you return. The item manufacturer has to eat the full return cost.
Costco isn't the only big box using this type of policy. This policy has the effect of putting the final nails in the coffin for many small businesses because many people (and apparently some on this forum) take advantage of the policy to "trade in" their old abused crap which could be be repaired, or was damaged through the user's abuse and negligence. - Please support local small businesses up.gif And I wish people would stop feeling entitled to buy something once and then keep trading it in for new stuff. People who do this (and even brag about it) are quite low on the "quality" scale. mad.gif

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Oct 20, 2020 5:59 pm 
You wish for other people’s feelings to change? That’s bizarre. I would like to know how it hurts small local businesses when someone shops at Costco then returns the item to Costco instead of buying another one from Costco.