Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What music have you been listening to today?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
veronika

veronika
PostSun Sep 08, 2019 12:41 am 
Brushwork wrote:
veronika wrote:
You probably don't want to know! hihi.gif dizzy.gif
Lol.....what ever it is, you’re probably no the only one.!
embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostMon Sep 09, 2019 6:05 pm 
Well, it's feeling Septemberish, harvest time and all, and Alabama kind of made the news last week and I couldn't help but recall the line, "Oh, Alabama...The devil fools with the best laid plan." rolleyes.gif Back to the point...listening to Neil Young's Harvest. WOW! eek.gif I thought there might be a bit of fatigue from some of those songs over the years.....Uh, no, not at all! Still one of his best LPs (and there are a few). Have a taste. tongue.gif Out on The Weekend Alabama

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostThu Sep 12, 2019 3:47 pm 
This lady is top notch.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Sep 30, 2019 8:57 pm 
I'm sure I've heard the name Molly Tuttle before. Hadn't heard any of her songs as far as I know. Looked her up on you tube out of curiosity. This is the first song I picked, sounds good. Apparently she's playing the guitar here clawhammer style, which is usually more associated with banjo. Interesting sound it creates. She sure can pick it.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostTue Oct 01, 2019 9:20 am 
One of the most beautiful songs ever written - one of hundreds - Thank you Robert Hunter! RIP

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
grannyhiker

grannyhiker
PostTue Oct 01, 2019 8:00 pm 
I spent some time trying to identify the Puccini aria sung by the now famous homeless subway rider in Los Angeles. https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-10-01/homeless-singer-viral-la-subway-opera Very beautiful and very familiar, but not identifiable with the Puccini operas with which I'm familiar (not Tosca, Madama Butterfly, La Boheme, and certainly not Turandot). Finally, I pinned it down: "Mio babbino caro" from Gianni Schichi. While the aria is very familiar, the opera isn't. Just in case anyone else was puzzled!

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey
glenoid

glenoid
PostFri Oct 04, 2019 4:47 pm 
Not listening to right now, but am looking forward to seeing Bill Staines in concert next Tuesday in Moscow Idaho. Been a fan of his since 1978 when I heard him on "Prairie Home Companion". He will also be in Spokane, Seattle, Oso, Wenatche and Coeur D'Alene this month. A fine singer songwriter in the folk genre. Been to numerous concerts of his. Always in a small, personal, and up close setting. (For those of you on the eastside, he is recording an episode of "Jam with Dan" on October 7th. Don't know when it will air.)

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Oct 08, 2019 1:26 pm 
Going to see her tonight at the Paramount so I've been listening to her songs a lot lately.
edited--I was not familiar w/ the opening act--Allie X--at all, so I've been listening to some of her stuff. I actually really like it. First time I've been excited to see an opener in forever. And it fits stylistically too.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Oct 08, 2019 3:52 pm 
One more. I stumbled onto this, forgot about it, then got reminded again. Really catchy.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Oct 10, 2019 1:04 pm 
Got Eilen Jewell's latest, "Gypsy," from the library. A bit hit and miss on first listen but several I really like.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Oct 11, 2019 5:39 pm 
Allie X quickly led me to another non mainstream, kinda weird synth pop artist.

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 10:49 pm 
'Heard this tonight coming home on C-89.5 Some of that great Nineties sound. All I Need (On Air Mix) by DJ Mario Piu. Released in 1997. Progressive Trance--Mario Piu Club. The track list. Time to dance. ~z

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 pm 
Saturday night and time for a little concert action… Here’s Tears For Fears (Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith) performing in Rio de Janeiro, September 22, 2017. Below is the set list if you want to skip around. The opening is by Lorde--Everybody Wants to Rule the World as the band comes on stage. Then things start to improve. It's a long concert but at the least go to 55:18 for Head Over Heels. There’s a long pause at the end while some announcers talk rolleyes.gif , but you can skip ahead to Shout at 01:03:13 for the Encore. When you get the song you want to hear, go Full Screen. Enjoy, ~z
Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Lorde) 00:00 Everybody Wants to Rule the World 02:14 Secret World 06:42 Sowing the Seeds of Love 11:33 Advice for the Young at Heart 18:17 Everybody Loves a Happy Ending 22:44 Change 28:04 Mad World 32:18 Memories Fade 35:55 Creep 41:20 Pale Shelter 45:55 Break It Down Again 50:41 Head Over Heels 55:18 Shout 01:03:13

veronika

veronika
PostTue Nov 19, 2019 2:00 am 
Missing Franklin Bradshaw...😭😭😭 I think of him often...

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 2:21 am 
Shpongle's newest - Codex VI Rumor is this is their last album.