Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > EVERYONE’S MOOCHING OFF KING COUNTY
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 7:49 am 
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
neek

neek
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 am 
Better get in my two cents before this thread gets locked. You see the same thing playing out nationally (maybe there are some exceptions like Texas). But I have to ask, is it fair that someone through sheer luck (be it genetics, family money, being in the right place at the right time, or just innate interest) can make $400K/yr poking buttons at Amazon, while a farmer (for example) in eastern wa makes a fraction of that while working just as hard or quite possibly much harder? Anyway you don't see Bezos forking over a dime of his hard-earned billions to improve the lives of people today, instead he's chasing some delusion of moving humans to space and turning earth into a planet-sized version of Jeff's Balls. People are angry today, in part because the world is too safe and we have too much. We need to get it out of our systems, and the common good will suffer in the short term.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 8:35 am 
Yep it's certainly unfair that J.K. Rowling has made so much money for just pushing a few buttons on her keyboard.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 9:08 am 
What's the point? You live in a rich area. I certainly could not afford to live there, oh, maybe if I could downsize to a 400 sq.ft."condo". I live here, where I can afford it, like it, and there aren't a bunch of snooty people pretending to be what they are not wandering about. Should you have more say in what happens here? You already do. You have extremists, and we have extremists. And so it shall be. But I am interested in what will happen after the big earthquake hits? Saw one plan where refugees will be sent over to this side. How many people will stay in King county? Warning: We only have one Starbucks in the whole county.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 9:08 am 
Generally, the market charges what the market will bear. Until people (the market) stop perceiving value in something they will continue to buy and pay. Pushing buttons currently produces things that people perceive as having value. Until things change and people realize the contrived value many of these things really have, people will keep paying those button pushers.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 9:51 am 
And when there is a glut of button pushers, wages and stocks will go down. Enjoy it whilst you can. Not many young people want to be foresters, so I expect more are going into button pushing or where the money is. Sometiimes I think we are moving closer to a Hunger Games world. I am proud of the local community though. Seriously. We have low income housing that is decent and affordable for low income people, and another project is on the way. I've not heard of any high rise condos starting at the low $500,000s built here. Subsidized? Of course! Who do you think picks the fruit that magically appears in the store or artisan farmer's market? They need to live somewhere decent, along with the people who cannot work. Living somewhere where the packages don't get stolen off your front steps is a good thing.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 10:06 am 
These keyboard warriors enslaved by Bizos just sit there and Instagram all day. They get condos paid for them but has to be within one mile radius of the office/bozos himself. They're leashed!!! Usually on their phones at work. No one cares!!! Thry think they are EARNIN 500k a year!! And that they have the right to that kinda money because that's just how it is!! Hate amazon. BIG TIME

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 10:18 am 
Danny Westneat, reporting for the Seattle Times wrote:
When I pointed out to one reader that Seattle subsidizes the rest of the state, not vice versa, he countered bluntly: “The rest of the state doesn’t care.”
Count me as part of that "doesn't care" bunch. I don't want your "light rail". I don't need your "light rail". I never asked for "light rail". I voted against "light rail". In spite of that, we've got probably one of the biggest boondoggle projects in the history of the world going on as we speak, displacing businesses (or causing some of them to go broke and close during the never-ending construction process), which will be routed to God-only-knows-where-but-it-won't-be-close-to-anywhere-I-need-to-go. So in the end, yeah.... I don't care. Too bad, so sad. Seattle wanted the "light rail". Don't start whining now because you're paying for it, even in Pierce County.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Nov 20, 2019 10:35 am 
OK, how is it that none of you found the time to cast a single vote in the calendar contest before posting here? doof.gif Well, except for BigBrunyon, but he's BigBrunyon. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8030779