Forum Index > Trail Talk > Cable Line attempted assault
Previous :: Next Topic  
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 7:49 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Kim Brown wrote:

Are you quoting Deep Thought?
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 7:52 pm 
Shadow Moon?

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC

cascade curmudgeon
PostFri Nov 15, 2019 9:28 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:

Q.E.D.

So if we had the equivalent of Ark Fleet Ship B now, who from this thread would be on it?

--------------
No matter how cynical you become, it's not enough to keep up.  Jane Wagner/Lily Tomlin
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostFri Nov 15, 2019 10:45 pm 
uww wrote:
What would be the motivation to post these signs assuming the story is made up?

Same as the motivation for any other form of trolling?
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
neek

neek

PostSat Nov 16, 2019 7:52 am 
CC wrote:
So if we had the equivalent of Ark Fleet Ship B now, who from this thread would be on it?

Same algorithm works for any thread.  Order users descending by number of posts, and take the first 80%.  (aw nuts.)
RandyHiker
Snarky Member

RandyHiker

Snarky Member
PostSat Nov 16, 2019 8:01 am 
CC wrote:
Ark Fleet Ship B

If you wonder at all whether you are Ship B material -- you aren't Ship B material.
Vertec

Vertec

PostSun Nov 17, 2019 6:11 pm 
This thread has gone in a very strange direction.  As I said earlier, these types of issues seem to be increasing in frequency, and we canít ignore how it affects hiking.

I was originally puzzled why this thread hasnít been shut down because the subject is about personal safety.  There is a dedicated thread about that elsewhere.

But now I understand.  The personal safety thread is the only forum where a certain solution can be discussed.  Yet contrary to site policy, this and similar threads are allowed to continue.  All end up in the weeds.

So keep up the good work!  Darwin would be proud

--------------
Out There, carrying the self-evident truth I am endowed by my Creator with unalienable rights of self-defended Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
Pahoehoe

Pahoehoe

PostSun Nov 17, 2019 7:04 pm 
You cant shoot someone for making you feel funny, either.

I am pretty sure there hasnt been an increase in violent crimes near trailheads and/or on hiking trails.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 8:08 pm 
Vertec wrote:
This thread has gone in a very strange direction.  As I said earlier, these types of issues seem to be increasing in frequency, and we canít ignore how it affects hiking.

I was originally puzzled why this thread hasnít been shut down because the subject is about personal safety.  There is a dedicated thread about that elsewhere.

But now I understand.  The personal safety thread is the only forum where a certain solution can be discussed.  Yet contrary to site policy, this and similar threads are allowed to continue.  All end up in the weeds.

So keep up the good work!  Darwin would be proud

Read the wiki in the guns, hunting, and personal safety thread.  It explains the rationale.  It's a place to talk guns if you want, free of spray from those who don't, who can ignore it if they want.  This topic has gone in the direction it has not because we ask people to discuss guns in another thread but because thread vultures with no value to add have descended on this thread.  Allowing people to debate guns would only make it that much more worthless.
Frango

Frango

PostTue Nov 19, 2019 8:31 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
CC wrote:
Ark Fleet Ship B

If you wonder at all whether you are Ship B material -- you aren't Ship B material.

*frantically digging my towel out...*
Pahoehoe

Pahoehoe

PostMon Nov 25, 2019 8:10 pm 
I saw not 1, but 2 sketchy, but generic midsized white pick up trucks plus sketchy passengers on the Northfork yesterday.

I did not call the police.
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostMon Nov 25, 2019 8:26 pm 
Better yet found the time to cast a vote in the calendar contest. Only 12 more categories to go.
Damian

Damian

PostWed Nov 27, 2019 5:42 pm 
Pahoehoe wrote:
I saw not 1, but 2 sketchy, but generic midsized white pick up trucks plus sketchy passengers on the Northfork yesterday.

Thanks.  That was me and my friends.  We all have salt and pepper beards.

Tom you've been watching too many Geico commercials.
Pahoehoe

Pahoehoe

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 10:40 am 
You didnt even clarify what northfork...?
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Cable Line attempted assault
  Happy Birthday Flash Gordon, raz2sea!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: