Forum Index > Trip Reports > I Told My Wife
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 5:39 pm 
To who it concerns Okay, you win! I got your message loud & clear. I want to call a truce. I will stop posting all things related to the wolves. You have my word on that. And will you please leave my equipment alone? Wolves are a hot topic and sensitive subject. I get it. But you could have sent me a private message or placed a note on my camera sets. I would have respected your request. You didn't have to destroy some of my gear. But I do want to say, thank you for not stealing my cameras. I'd like my SD cards back though and any images that are on them. If my camera captured your image, go ahead and delete it. Will you PM me please so that we can discuss. I'll give you my mailing address. I was simply sharing my wildlife experiences here with others who are outdoor and / or wildlife enthusiasts. I meant no harm. I'm actually a pretty nice guy and this is something I really, really enjoy. I want to continue to set trail cameras in the area but I don't want to have to worry about you destroying them. I've always been a outdoor enthusiast, but, I've really submerged myself in outdoor activities since we lost our only son and first born child. It keeps me, FROM GOING COMPLETELY f### INSANE!!! Keeps me from being a ass####! Keeps me from being withdrawn! Keeps me from hating the world! I do it to honor our son and older brother to our 2 daughters. You broke into 3 of my sets, destroyed some gear and stole my memory cards. Thanks for shitting all over us. I'm really deflated right now, and honestly, I feel like crying. Not cool!
You don't have to be a genius tracker to have located my equipment, but you do need to have the knowledge to know where the wolf pack was, either because you are a wolf & wildlife enthusiast like me, or you have access to a live feed of the GPS collared male. That would be abuse of government privilege & equipment. It's not WDFW, they are way to classy for this I'm not rich. I work really hard for my money. This stuff is expensive. Again, please, please, please leave my stuff alone, and like I said, no more posting of wolves on public forums. I've deleted all things wolf related. Once more, thanks for not taking my cameras. Your message is crystal clear. Please PM me to discuss Thanks! For NWH members, if you had the opportunity to see the wolf video & images, I hope you enjoyed them. It'll be the last time

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gabep

Gabep
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 5:52 pm 
So sorry to see someone did this to you BPG. I have really enjoyed your posts here in this thread, especially the ones with wolves.

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 5:53 pm 
Really sorry to see this happen, BPG. This has been such an exciting thread to watch. All the different species...and the wolves---amazing. Like looking back in the distant past. Thanks for sharing this with us. Sorry for the vandalism and theft. frown.gif ~z

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 pm 
Bootpathguy wrote:
...You broke into 3 of my sets, destroyed some gear and stole my memory cards. Thanks for shitting all over us. I'm really deflated right now, and honestly, I feel like crying.
BPG, I'm so sorry to read of this. Further, that you had to be the recipient of some completely worthless person(s) purely stupid behavior. I truly wish you didn't have to deal with this, especially after the loss of your son.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostTue Dec 03, 2019 9:18 pm 
I am so sorry and very sad this happened, BPG. frown.gif

Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostTue Dec 03, 2019 9:38 pm 
BPG, I am so sorry that someone did this to you. I love seeing your wildlife images. People can be so disappointing, to put it mildly. I hope you know that you are appreciated by many on this forum.

Downhill

Downhill
PostTue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 pm 
I am at loss for words. I always try to keep a positive attitude and open mind to all reasonable points of view. But these days it's getting hard to not be cynical about the direction of the human race. Thank you BPG for all your great posts and pics - I've looked forward to these with each update. Your efforts are greatly appreciated, but sadly it only takes one a#$%hat to ruin the enjoyment of many.

Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck
PostWed Dec 04, 2019 12:18 am 
That is horrible! effin horrible. I am really sad and angry that someone did this. My condolences BPJ. Your pictures were really nice to see. That someone would do this really upsets me. So sorry.

When I grow up I wanna play.
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostWed Dec 04, 2019 8:31 am 
that is a shame that someone damaged your outdoor gear, whether or not it was in someone elses favorite place. to bad you didnt have a second camera to record them.

Brushbuffalo

Location: there earlier, here now, somewhere later... Bellingham in between
Brushbuffalo
PostThu Dec 05, 2019 7:31 pm 
It is always discouraging to read about treacherous theft and destruction like this. My sincere sympathies. I have had three car break-ins and one garage burglary, so I know how maddening this is. Just today I was watching a YouTube I enjoy ( Mousetrap Monday...no lie) and Shawn reported he had had someone break into his locked barn and steal or destroy about $1000 worth of his filming gear. Rampant vandalism is a symptom of humankind's fallen state.

Passing rocks and trees like they were standing still
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostThu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm 
The person who did this probably thinks they are morally superior and this false sense of moral superiority justifies their violence. You can't bargain with someone like this because the morally superior do not negotiate with the inferior. It's too bad you feel compelled to acquiesce to their demands because although they may have the upper hand in violence, it is not so in morality.

DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 12:40 pm 
OK, this sucks. My whole fam has been enjoying your posts, pics, vids, etc. My only advice: as painful as this is, don't let the assholes win. Keep at it.

~Mom jeans on wheels
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 6:02 pm 
Just saw your post on the vandalism, BPG. So, so sorry. I always looked forward to your new posts. But - and it's not clear from your post - how do you know the vandalism was b/c of the wolves? Maybe it was just wanton, senseless destruction for its own sake - b/c there are lots of jackasses out there. (Thus, my tagline). mad.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 9:26 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
Just saw your post on the vandalism, BPG. So, so sorry. I always looked forward to your new posts. But - and it's not clear from your post - how do you know the vandalism was b/c f the wolves?
This would make sense if I hadn't deleted everything About a week prior to me posting the video of the wolves, I had posted a report that I had located lots of wolf sign. I said where & which wolf pack it was. Posted several images of wolf prints and fresh scat. A couple days later, I posted another report from a second scouting trip with images of additional wolf sign. I also divulged that I placed a trail camera in my first report and also said I was going to return and place a second ( and I did on my second scouting trip ). I actually placed 3 They located all 3 of my cameras. Don't have to be a genius tracker. They followed my mountain bike tire tracks and / or went at dark so that the infrared flash would reveal cameras locations. They severed the heavy duty cable locks, removed the camera from the security case, removed the SD card from the cameras and placed the cameras back into the security case. Leave the expensive cameras and take the memory cards? Somebody knew I was close to getting images of the wolves and knew that I was going to post the videos & images on a public forum. I was lucky enough to retrieve a memory card from one of my cameras 1 day prior to them being stolen. It was premeditated. They started with the camera furthest from where they, and I, would've parked. Less risk of me catching them in the act. That one had the most damage as they struggled to break into it. With that experience, they figured a easier way to break into the other 2 as they made their way back to the trailhead. I'd be naive to believe I'm the only wildlife & wolf enthusiast who knew where this wolf pack was. I also know there are people & organizations who have special privilege to WDFW gps collared wolves & they know their locations in real time. If they know where the wolves are roaming, they knew where to look for my cameras. Again, take the SD cards but leave the cameras It was a message. Someone is passionate about the wolves privacy By the way, I feel confident it's not WDFW. They have way more class than that. And if it was, they would would have pinned a notification @ my sets and / or had taken the entire collection and contacted me or ask me to contact them.

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 10:36 pm 
Well, it's not obvious what they thought they were accomplishing. Preventing anti-wolf vigilantes from hunting them down? WDFW et al seriously miscalculated what would happen with wolf-reintroduction, and I wish they'd never done it, considering they've had to eradicate several packs b/c of conflicts with ranchers. But this issue has been fully discussed elsewhere in other threads. Again, so sorry about this, especially after reading what this hobby meant to you.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood