Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Global Warming
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 3:56 pm 
I have no agenda denying AGW! I follow scientific method and refute AGW like the goat, unlike those admitting they have agenda. Check that, goat now admits to agenda? Say it isn't so! AGW is not true. Group think AGW cultists, go ahead and laugh at me.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 6:23 pm 
I've never denied an agenda. I thought it was already common knowledge that everyone has one, since conscious action has goals and this is an agenda...and thus no need to mention what everyone knows. I also didn't mention I type what I intend to type, or that a circle has a constant radius, or....

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 7:45 pm 
RayD wrote:
Quote:
I don't know, is he? I don't think I've ever listened to him. I don't pay that much attention to politicians when it comes to questions of science. How does that indicate 'having an agenda' on my part?
Yet you pay attention to the likes of St Greta? Now why would you need to post that here if not to somehow show warmists their wingnut support? But you won't listen to Inhofe's absurdities. Could it be because he makes your agenda sound stupid?
Okay, I've watched the 35-second Inhofe video. Nothing to add to what I said before watching it - it was a silly stunt. Now what - I'm supposed to be embarrassed or something 'because he makes my agenda sound stupid'? Sorry but that didn't happen and you'll have to explain to me the connection between your video and my 'agenda'. And what is this whole agenda idiocy anyway? Like some sort of nefarious hidden agenda? Do you not understand the function of a forum such as this? Normally one's agenda here would be to argue for what you perceive to be the truth of an issue and against what you perceive to be untrue, and that should go without saying. If your understanding is different please explain.

John
Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 7:55 pm 
Brian R wrote:
Tom wrote:
We can apply scientific method to identify bloviation in this thread. Or just look in mirror and repeat 10x. AGW is fake, AGW is fake.... You'll feel better like me if you know it's true!
In any event, AGW cultists would do better if they uncoupled their poorly-interpreted science claims from their SJW agenda. We're all on board for clean air & water.
The lack of self-awareness never ceases to amaze me. "We must drastically reduce CO2 emissions to avert the crisis, and oh by the way, you need to embrace all of these far-Left social policies too as part of the package."

John
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 8:43 pm 
Quote:
Now what - I'm supposed to be embarrassed or something 'because he makes my agenda sound stupid'? Sorry but that didn't happen and you'll have to explain to me the connection between your video and my 'agenda'.
I'd hope so. What we have here is a Senator being a moron while your previous post was of a nobody named St Greta. Your agenda is obvious by your previous posts. Even Goat admits to having an agenda. Don't be shy, admit to yours
Quote:
Do you not understand the function of a forum such as this?
Perhaps I don't. Seems to me that we do a verbal dance for the fun of it. What is your point of posting here? It can't possibly be to share information and change minds since I posit that your mind will never be changed by anything posted here. Have a good evening!

don't believe everything you think
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 8:57 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
I've never denied an agenda. I thought it was already common knowledge that everyone has one, since conscious action has goals and this is an agenda...and thus no need to mention what everyone knows. I also didn't mention I type what I intend to type, or that a circle has a constant radius, or....
Fascinating! And I always was of the impression that you were a creature of pure logic, without the slight taint of preconception when it comes to your judgements on whatever we bloviate on. Heavens!! What I find of interest is the way you imply that "agenda", at least yours, is akin to the constant radius of a circle. So your agenda is true, right and constant and not to be evaluated. I find it difficult to shake my head and laugh at the same time! But watch me! I can do it. lol.gif lol.gif dizzy.gif dizzy.gif

Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm 
RayD wrote:
Quote:
Now what - I'm supposed to be embarrassed or something 'because he makes my agenda sound stupid'? Sorry but that didn't happen and you'll have to explain to me the connection between your video and my 'agenda'.
I'd hope so. What we have here is a Senator being a moron while your previous post was of a nobody named St Greta. Your agenda is obvious by your previous posts. Even Goat admits to having an agenda. Don't be shy, admit to yours
Greta has been in the news nearly daily for months, haven't you noticed? But somehow your five-year-old Inhofe video is more relevant? You're really on top of the issue! And I just told you what my agenda was, as if that was necessary. Do you think it's something different? If so, go ahead and tell us, don't be shy!
RayD wrote:
Quote:
Do you not understand the function of a forum such as this?
Perhaps I don't. Seems to me that we do a verbal dance for the fun of it. What is your point of posting here? It can't possibly be to share information and change minds since I posit that your mind will never be changed by anything posted here.
I share information here regularly, and you never do, and Tom never does. Why don't you folks try it for a change and see if you can change some minds?

John
Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 9:03 pm 
RayD wrote:
What I find of interest is the way you imply that "agenda", at least yours, is akin to the constant radius of a circle. So your agenda is true, right and constant and not to be evaluated. I find it difficult to shake my head and laugh at the same time!
Why don't you go ahead and tell us what our agendas are instead of playing coy? And again, share some information with us. Bring that science to bear on our ignorance!

John
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 pm 
Dear John: You may not know that Tom runs this site.
Quote:
I share information here regularly, and you never do, and Tom never does.
As for myself, I've been here a long time but recently have been a lurker. So you have me there! Of course, you're doing the wonderful method that goes....... LOOK SQUIRREL!

Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 9:21 pm 
RayD wrote:
You may not know that Tom runs this site.
I've been well aware of that since I joined NWH a number of years ago. I appreciate the forum. But Tom does seem to invoke 'the science' without ever referencing any actual science.
RayD wrote:
Of course, you're doing the wonderful method that goes....... LOOK SQUIRREL!
Yes, that's nice but I asked you a couple of simple questions and you seem to be the one deflecting so....maybe you're just self-conscious. Honestly, I'm always willing to carry on these debates in good faith and I rarely see responses in kind.

John
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 9:37 pm 
This isn't the only AGW thread. There were others, years ago with similar discussions. I was involved in the details, the discussions, the facts, etc. Nothing has changed in the discussion since then. To get involved again for me is simply a case of whack-a mole. But have at it! I'll just point out your agendas. Sorry if that upsets you.

Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 9:44 pm 
RayD wrote:
I'll just point out your agendas. Sorry if that upsets you.
Actually it upsets me that you won't when I keep asking you to.

John
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 pm 
Here's what I don't understand: Everybody believes that ultrasounds and cancer and radiation and heavier than air flight aren't conspiracies They (The Scientists) are perpetrating on the world. Nobody in this forum can build an ultrasound machine, and we all know it; none of us are in a position to say "those people are lying and only me and a few others know the truth." Everybody in here believes that satellites and black holes exist, even though people who work on them get paid and would lose their funding if they spouted nonsense. All of this is just like climate science. If you believe in the scientific method's ability to find the truth about reality, why do you think it's wrong in this case when the people involved know more than you do about it? How could this be a global conspiracy involving millions of people, that only a small fraction of folks can see through? How does any of this make sense to anybody? I mean I also don't understand how hikers in WA can see dozens of basins that held glaciers so recently they (the empty basins) haven't been colonized by forest yet, and think it's not getting warmer on average.

RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 10:03 pm 
Parked Out wrote:
RayD wrote:
I'll just point out your agendas. Sorry if that upsets you.
Actually it upsets me that you won't when I keep asking you to.
What I see as your and Goats agenda? Ok. Tell me if I'm wrong but I see a Libertarian Ayn Randian view that government is the problem when it comes to addressing most any issue. Since AGW can't be addressed by individuals alone, it must not exist!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 pm 
PO, your agenda seems to be to come to NWH and post in this echo chamber. No TRs in 7 years. Last 3 pages of your posts all seem to be in this thread. I didn't bother to keep clicking to see when the last time was you posted in another topic but quick search in the forums reveals of your 490 posts there are: 430 in Stewardship 31 in Trip Reports 19 in Trail Talk 8 in Food 1 in Saloon 1 in other forums