Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > 53 % of California's population planning on leaving.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Dec 05, 2019 8:37 pm 
Ok now this is truly scary. We're talking 21.5 million people leaving the state. Can you imagine how many would come here? I bet more than 5 million. Can you imagine what that would do to the traffic in Western Washington? Let alone all the other resources that would get hit hard. Californians leaving the state

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Dec 05, 2019 8:43 pm 
If 21.5 leave 25 will come in, people will go where the big money is. That is capitalism money talks BS walks. Worked for me I could make 100% more working for California Companies than WA ones. With telecommuting and setting up branch offices you do not even have to pay California taxes or housing costs. The only catch is you must have a rare skill that is in demand. You know that Tom, only a few people understand and are competent with nukes, with me it was high tech computing and solid state physics combined with law and IP. So it goes.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Dec 05, 2019 10:17 pm 
yeah. is this like all those people who were going to move to Canada if Barack Obama got elected? or all the people who were going to move to Canada if Donald Trump got elected? or all the people who were going to move to Canada if it's Tuesday? if housing costs and housing availability are concerns, by what stretch of the imagination would one think they'd move here? that is truly funny. lol.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostThu Dec 05, 2019 10:31 pm 
BPJ,, they're all going to settle around the Cle Elum area from what I hear... moon.gif

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 7:05 am 
Ski wrote:
if housing costs and housing availability are concerns, by what stretch of the imagination would one think they'd move here?
There are areas of Warshington that are fairly affordable. I are living in one. Quite a few houses under $200k and not fixer uppers. That was one of the reasons I chose here. If looking to build, water access might be a problem. If you can't work online, finding a way to make a living would definitely be a problem unless you are a medical person--then you might find employment that pays decently. Idaho has been a favorite place for the CA people to head to. Just read that Idaho is now the state with the least regulations so that might be a draw for disgruntled Callyfonians. We need to build a wall and have CA pay for it. eek.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
RichP

RichP
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 8:55 am 
Idyho has been getting its fair share of unsightly McMansions. Coeur D'Alene and Boise are some of the fastest growing areas in the state. An historic lack of regulation has its negative side though. https://www.hcn.org/issues/51.11/pollution-a-dangerous-cocktail-threatens-the-gem-of-north-idaho

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 12:58 pm 
CA population up 2.3m since last census. Yep. Everyone has left. It’s like Detroit. Sure.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 1:20 pm 
RichP wrote:
Idyho has been getting its fair share of unsightly McMansions. Coeur D'Alene and Boise are some of the fastest growing areas in the state. An historic lack of regulation has its negative side though. https://www.hcn.org/issues/51.11/pollution-a-dangerous-cocktail-threatens-the-gem-of-north-idaho
Ma Bunker. In some places the ore coming out of the mine was 98% lead.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 06, 2019 2:55 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Ok now this is truly scary.
Seems legit. More scary than that fake warming stuff.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Dec 07, 2019 8:12 am 
Use of the term “flee” when speaking of moving shows the alarmist dishonesty of the article.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Dec 07, 2019 9:03 am 
Hey, I heard about this and looked for the article. The reasons the people are leaving argue against most of what you guys have said. Taxes, living costs, crime, homelessness taking priority over the tax payers etc etc etc. The trouble is, the people who flee bring with them the very reasons that caused the conditions that caused them to leave in the first place. They ruin wherever they end up!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Dec 07, 2019 10:49 am 
I would be glad to sell my house to them for $800k. Then I'd move somewhere and spoil it for the locals.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 am 
You guys should build a wall. Make it illegal for Americans to move. Or change jobs.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Dec 07, 2019 12:04 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
You guys should build a wall. Make it illegal for Americans to move. Or change jobs.
Only if Collyfonia pays for it.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Dec 07, 2019 12:10 pm 
Lots of people “think” about leaving relatively few do. It is not fleeing. Most people live where the good paying jobs are, good pay increases housing costs. It is not rocket science. Once you establish a tech hub it is self sustaining. You have a body of qualified workers people move from on firm to another, if you work for the same outfit for more than 3 years others wonder why. To advance you need to switch.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn