Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Greta Thunberg Is Time's Person of the Year 2019
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Dec 15, 2019 11:40 am 
up.gif up.gif As the father of two daughters I salute you.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Dec 15, 2019 12:29 pm 
Randy, pass the ketchup! lol.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun Dec 15, 2019 4:00 pm 
Apparently, as a public school teacher, I have unwittingly played a role in promoting the hoax. rolleyes.gif This "piece" is from the publisher of the Leavenworth Echo and the Cashmere Valley Record from back in September. Ironically, the school districts of these two towns receive enormous support from their communities, have been recognized for distinguished performance in their test scores, and YES, science programs! Link to the article: http://www.leavenworthecho.com/bills-blog/climate-hoax-demonstrates-failure-government-run-education
Quote:
Climate Hoax Demonstrates Failure of Government Run Education By: Bill Forhan, Owner Last Friday the children of the “World” went out on strike against government inaction to address climate change. I’m excited to see young people who are motivated to call attention to something other than the latest rock star. The problem is there is not a consensus by real scientists that carbon dioxide is a harmful greenhouse gas or that continued use of carbon based fuels will doom life as we know it on this planet. Climate Change has become the undebatable religion of the environmental zealots. Try to discuss the flaws in their claims of doom and you are attacked as a denier or worse a sycophant of the evil energy companies that are willing to destroy our planet for the sake of their endless greed. There can be no debate about the underlying hypothesis that our planetary home is being destroyed by our modern lifestyle. Our government controlled public schools have used their power to propagandize the issue. Whether as an intentional conspiracy or the unfortunate result of misguided group think the result is the same. Our children have been taught that unless government takes action to control the climate impacts of our current excessively wasteful lifestyle they will inherit an uninhabitable planet. The problem is politicians are now proposing solutions that are truly draconian and unlikely to actually have any real impact on climate. They will however destroy the economic vitality of the country and give the government dictatorial powers over every human activity. Consider the “Green New Deal” a proposal that would ban airplanes, cows and require all buildings in the country to be rebuilt to new energy efficient standards. If you think I am overstating the problem here, try to have a conversation with your children about the issue. I love my two boys and an immensely proud of them but on the issue of climate change they are blind to any argument that draws the issue into question. I have talked to many parents that have experienced the same reaction from their children. The environmentalists have taught our children that their parents are not to be trusted on this issue. We are the evil destroyers of the planet with our lifestyle. It sort of takes me back to the 60’s where we weren’t supposed to trust anyone over 30. There are real climate scientists who are making reasoned arguments about the faulty science of the climate change zealots. My favorite is Patrick Moore. Moore was the former President of Greenpeace and an environmental scientist who has examined the history of our ever changing climate. He has concluded that carbon dioxide levels are not too high, in fact he claims that current CO2 levels are putting plants on a starvation diet. Our children are ill prepared to assess the issue in a truly objective manner. And going on strike to demand the government take action is a dangerously wrong approach. If there was ever a case to be made for school vouchers the current success of our government run schools to allow this issue to dominate the political thoughts of our youth is a prime example of the need for educational diversity. School vouchers give parents the power to decide where the money for their children’s education is best spent. It would create real competition for educational money. Private schools should include religious schools not fake alternatives like government sponsored Charter Schools. It is time to abolish the Federal Department of Education and put children’s education back into the hands of parents. Bill's Blog

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Dec 15, 2019 4:20 pm 
Quote:
The problem is there is not a consensus by real scientists that carbon dioxide is a harmful greenhouse gas
Bill's Blog speaks the truth like goat. Silly kids.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Dec 15, 2019 7:17 pm 
Why would someone brainwash themselves with lying stupidity like that voodoo science thing? Thanks for that suggestion, but no thanks. Funny how batteries are evil when they diminish the use of fossil fuels. And only then. And of course oil never harmed a child.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Dec 15, 2019 7:30 pm 
Bill Forhan wrote:
Climate Change has become the undebatable religion of the environmental zealots.
Gotta love the projection demonstrated here.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 7:52 am 
Get Out and Go wrote:
Apparently, as a public school teacher, I have unwittingly played a role in promoting the hoax. rolleyes.gif This "piece" is from the publisher of the Leavenworth Echo and the Cashmere Valley Record from back in September. Ironically, the school districts of these two towns receive enormous support from their communities, have been recognized for distinguished performance in their test scores, and YES, science programs!
The Omak paper is uber conservative. I like to read the news, but each issue usually has the entire editorial page covered with pieces like that. The only contributors are our congressional reps and some anti-gubmint columnist from the Tri Cities. Once in a while a reader writes a rebuttal. It's part of living on this side of the mountains. I think Okanogan County is worse than Chelan County. Ferry and Stevens Counties even more so. The politicians egg it on. People are scared of change. Really scared. Success stories like Goldendale aren't broadcast. While at a pickerfest there, I talked to a local who was happy about all the windmills. The town was doing well because of that, and people were finding work. There should be some opportunities here, but folks are set in their ways. Change is not welcome.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 8:28 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
I know this is going to trigger some people.
Set out a bowl of honey and it fills up with flies. wink.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 9:06 am 
lol she's a violent little psychopath. Lies about sitting on the train floor when she lorded it up in first class https://nypost.com/2019/12/15/german-railway-claims-greta-thunberg-lied-about-taking-first-class/ Wants to shoot people who disagree with her: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7789463/Greta-Thunberg-arrives-Turin-Italy-star-turn-huge-climate-change-demonstration.html But hey, if you want to worship a no-nothing 16 year old brat with rich parents and fascist fantasies, that's none of my business.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 9:14 am 
I think it's hilarious that you get your knickers in a twist when a politician you don't agree with stages a publicity stunt, but when a politician you agree with does a similar stunt you cheer.

neek

neek
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 9:20 am 
Very normal.

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 9:21 am 
treeswarper wrote:
It's part of living on this side of the mountains. I think Okanogan County is worse than Chelan County. Ferry and Stevens Counties even more so. The politicians egg it on. People are scared of change. Really scared. There should be some opportunities here, but folks are set in their ways. Change is not welcome.
Edu I know. The nerve of these backwoods people refusing to change their lifestyle. Educated urban people know what's best for them. Maybe Greta can put them up against a wall if they keep resisting change. If they were more like Seattle they would be much better off. https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/15/seattle-homelessness-conference-transgender-stripper/

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 9:22 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
I think it's hilarious that you get your knickers in a twist when a politician you don't agree with stages a publicity stunt, but when a politician you agree with does a similar stunt you cheer.
lmao are you looking the mirror as you post this? ykm.gif

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 9:32 am 
MyFootHurts wrote:
Edu I know. The nerve of these backwoods people refusing to change their lifestyle. Educated urban people know what's best for them. Maybe Greta can put them up against a wall if they keep resisting change. If they were more like Seattle they would be much better off. https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/15/seattle-homelessness-conference-transgender-stripper/
Ooo -- looks like MyFootHurts has a thing for mixed race trans women -- forbidden fruit on so many levels -- I guess you are sad that you didn't attend the conference!

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostMon Dec 16, 2019 9:37 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
Ooo -- looks like MyFootHurts has a thing for mixed race trans women -- forbidden fruit on so many levels -- I guess you are sad that you didn't attend the conference!
So you think its ok it insult a person by accusing them of having alternative sexual preferences? Is that what liberals do nowadays? The racism and transphobia in your post is incredible.