Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > New restrictions on topics in stewardship
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 11:19 am 
Bravo.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Bosterson

Bosterson
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 6:21 pm 
+1 for name change of this forum +2 for new "pay to argue" policy!

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 8:07 pm 
The "pay to argue" is a possible money maker. But I'd posit that instead of a charge by the minute, as was suggested, it should be by the word. After all, if it takes a bucket of words to get a point across, I'd have to say that most of us aren't capable of understanding such genius and the perp should be charged accordingly. Just a thought.

don't believe everything you think
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 8:27 pm 
I think a combination of number of words and number of posts. In many cases there were 3 or 4 posts by the same person in a row without intervening posts. hockeygrin.gif Back in the day you paid for classified ads in newspapers by the column inch. This would prevent cheaping out by posting serial posts into a single marathon post.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 8:30 pm 
RayD, Malachai, your idea is no good.

RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 8:40 pm 
Bernardo, I like your succintness. You are frugal! lol.gif lol.gif

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 pm 
Bernardo wrong

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 9:05 pm 
RayD wrote:
The "pay to argue" is a possible money maker. But I'd posit that instead of a charge by the minute, as was suggested, it should be by the word. After all, if it takes a bucket of words to get a point across, I'd have to say that most of us aren't capable of understanding such genius and the perp should be charged accordingly. Just a thought.
Doesn't say much for chances of grasping arguments more complex than fit in a sound bite. I think most people are perfectly capable of understanding complex arguments. The thing is, you have to choose to.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 9:16 pm 
Yikes!

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 10:20 pm 
That sentence ended with a preposition. rant.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
contour5

contour5
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 pm 
Quote:
Now go out and do some hikes and post some pictures.
Wait; is it o.k. to post trip reports again?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 11:42 pm 
Only if you post a picture of your boots to prove you are still a hiker.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 10:43 am 
It says lands, but what about waters? tongue.gif I wanted to post that before ski did.

Bernardo

Bernardo
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 6:37 pm 
No you didn't.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 9:02 pm 
Yes, he did.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."