Forum Index > Trail Talk > 2020 NWH Calendar and Holiday Potluck Social (12/20/2019)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 1:53 pm 
Calendar page winners are now revealed here! If you missed out on the pre-order you can order a calendar here - don't forget to enter a coupon code: AFFNEW20 (45% off for new customers), CHEER192 (40% off medium, 50% off large), NEWBOGO20A (buy 1 get 1 free for new customers). If you are a new mixbook customer the best option may be to use this referral link https://mixbook.extole.com/s/Thomas27 to sign up which will get you $20 off your first order. Planning to attend social (dish you're bringing): Tom (teriyaki meatballs), Michael (Costco combo pizza, beer, soda, plates), Opus (beer, meatballs), Nancyann +3 (baked spaghetti), Veronika (possibly!) (Some sort of dessert), JiimK (dessert), Ski (pie!), puzzlr (Phad Thai), marydave 2 (fruit salad), RumiDude (50/50 chance of atternding) (probably a salad with a few types of dressings), BarbE (Caesar Salad), Kim, maybe (Dessert), Matt (salad), Schroder (tbd), Tricia (chillie), williswall and Cassie (won't be able to make it), awilsondc (side dish - quinoa salad maybe), joker (probably rice and dal - foreign mountain adventure themed), Pyrites (Nanaimo bars, manicotti), Kenji+ (pasta salad), Hiker Mama (Not sure yet), neek (veg. fried rice), rubywrangler (deviled eggs, beer), zephyr (chicken yakisoba), Scrooge and Larch (Famous Grouse) - We'll be very late, Sculpin (just got in from out of town, but I will figure it out), Nickmtn (biscuits), elpezzz (utensils, cups, napkins), Lightning_bug (cheese plate, wine), gb (Salmon), Snowdog (chicken)

Wiki summmary last edited by Tom on Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:56 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
neek

neek
PostSat Nov 23, 2019 6:48 am 
Tom wrote:
The top 3 photos in each category from the primary are now revealed! Please re-vote here for your favorite finalist photo in each category. Polls will close on Nov 29.
But no need to re-vote if yours is already in the top 3 and you don't want to change it, correct? Also looks like some months have 4, presumably because of ties?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Nov 23, 2019 10:31 am 
Correct.

grannyhiker

grannyhiker
PostSun Nov 24, 2019 1:06 pm 
I hope it's OK that I didn't vote in the preliminary. I'm most grateful to the many who did for narrowing down the field so it was far easier to choose! It's gonna be a great calendar!!!

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Nov 30, 2019 11:59 am 
We have some ties in the voting so I'm gong to leave voting open for the weekend. Make sure you have completed voting in the finals with choices narrowed down to the top 3 from the primary.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 8:24 pm 
Polls have closed and the top 2 in each category are now revealed (in random order). If you are in the top 2 please PM your desired caption and photo credit for the calendar. Also, if you submitted a smaller size please PM a link to a larger size or email to admin@nwhikers.net.

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostThu Dec 05, 2019 9:27 pm 
Matt wrote:
I'm pretty sure the posted list was meant to be humorous. Those are heavily traveled places, but not necessarily places that would produce calendar-worthy photos.
Unless you're Angry Hiker.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostTue Dec 10, 2019 9:40 pm 
Nice work everyone who submitted photos. It's still possible to find landscapes without crowds of people. Enjoy the social!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Dec 17, 2019 9:41 pm 
Calendars arrived today and look great! If you ordered a calendar to be shipped please PM me your address and whether you are willing to wait a little longer for your calendars (I would prefer to have a few extra to release at the social for anyone attending that forgot to order and drop ship to you if we need to order more).

grannyhiker

grannyhiker
PostWed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 am 
Not able to attend the social, but I do want to wish all of you happy holidays and a merry new year!

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 10:46 am 
I wasn't going to come to the Social this year. I'm an old man, now, 78, crumpled, almost crippled, hardly able to walk, much less hike. frown.gif It's been more than four years. I wasn't going to come, this year, till I noticed the date, December 20, 2019, almost our Anniversary. It was December 14, 2001, that Tom and Caver brought NWHikers online - eighteen years ago ! It's been more than twenty years since Tom and I first met - off trail - just south of the Rampart Lakes, an accident that pretty much led us here. Here, where I'm an old man, awkward and forgetful. I won't be wandering around to socialize, but, if you come by to say, 'Hi', odds are I'll know who you are, but not be able to come up with your name. rolleyes.gif So, to save us both embarrassment, I suggest you start with that: just say, "Tom', or 'JimK', or 'Schroder', or whatever (I never have been able to see name tags). - Everything else will be conversation. smile.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 10:56 am 
Would like to go this but it is same night as our long scheduled family get together. It has been a hard year with a death and difficult estate to settle.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
RichP

RichP
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 11:49 am 
I won't be able to attend but wishing all a swell time.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 1:50 pm 
Scrooge, good to hear from you. It would be great to see you if you could make it!

BarbE

BarbE
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 4:02 pm 
JimK and I will be there around 6:15 to get the place ready and could employ a few helping elves!

Damian

Damian
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 4:14 pm 
No can make this year. Have fun folks. Thanks for all the awesome contributions to this site.