Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > New restrictions on topics in stewardship
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 9:08 pm 
If there is enough interest we can open up waters as a pilot pay to argue. Ka ching!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 10:34 am 
Not expecting much consistency in the sudden commitment to ending 'argument' which is not valuable to the 'community'. I look forward to seeing the standards articulated, such as they are, reliably and impartially applied across the board.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 11:20 am 
Ideally the arguers will have much free time to debate internally going forward. up.gif hockeygrin.gif up.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 12:12 pm 
errrr..... does that mean we have to pay each other to argue via P/M ? hockeygrin.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 12:19 pm 
Whatever the free market will bear. We could also hava a pop up asking you if you want to subscribe to the argument newsletter. People apparently love pop ups. Lost favor in the early part of this century but pop ups for newsletter subscriptions now seem to be all the rage along with cookie disclosures.

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 1:11 pm 
It would be interesting to see a list of most ignored NWhikers.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 1:14 pm 
I get paid for arguing.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 1:30 pm 
Prove it!

don't believe everything you think
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 4:01 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
I get paid for arguing.
No you don't.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 4:48 pm 
Do so

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 4:57 pm 
No arguing for free. Unless it is your lunch hour.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 5:08 pm 
But many people love to debate-argue contentious topics, they need to vent somewhere, but not here apparently. If people were more civil and PC it would or probably not be an issue, and then there are those with thin skin... I occasionally participate in an online political discussion forum, and in that venue pretty much anything goes, and as you might imagine it can get quite ugly, but one gets used to it. I personally try to avoid political and religious discussion unless it’s with people who are not overly passionate about it and with whom I am fairly close.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 5:13 pm 
This thread demostrates that argument and aspersion are two different things. It is very possible to have an argument without personal attacks. The professional in the video does a great job arguing without insult.

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSun Dec 22, 2019 12:20 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
I don't hike any more and any photos I did have of hikes were lost in a fire. I voted on the calender photos even though I will not be buying one. I like the pictures. I do not believe I have ever read any of the posts on global warming, I just am not that interested. I cant make it change so not my problem. As to the admin taking action it is their site and like all other sites I have been on the admin has that right. Yall argue to much in here, and I think it is mostly from each of your individuals upbringing. As to the personal attacks, I think we can do without them, especially when you actually place a name in a post.
up.gif

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Dec 22, 2019 7:57 am 
What kind of “person” thinks attacking people’s upbringing is not a personal attack? What a hypocritical bit of nonsense.