Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Light therapy
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
neek

neek
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 7:58 am 
Apparently green light may provide relief from migraines and other chronic pain. Fascinating and not remotely intuitive research. Red light therapy (or "photobiomodulation" if you want to sound smart) has been around for a while. It is supposed to strengthen your mitochondria, which leads to all sorts of health benefits. You can buy expensive devices to deliver it daily. There's blue light therapy for treating certain skin conditions, although I understand it has competition from other wavelengths. Also, as we're all aware, blue light helps synchronize your circadian clock, so you want more in the morning and less in the evening. You can buy special tinted glasses to wear at certain times to make sure you are getting the right dose. Aside from single-wavelength therapies, there's full-spectrum therapy for managing seasonal affective disorder and depression. Maybe some of you are starting to think about that right around now. But there's no reason to confine yourself to the visible spectrum. Ultraviolet (both UVA and UVB) and infrared therapies also exist. This got me thinking. You could get these miraculous benefits all at once, by venturing into an outdoor verdant landscape and immersing yourself in the light of the actual sun. You could even walk while doing this to get some exercise, which supposedly is also good for you. Brilliant, no? I may try to patent this idea. Just not sure what to call it. In case you're wondering, yes, there are also yellow- and orange-light therapies. But I haven't seen purple yet. (Sorry, Prince.) I'm sure, however, that it's only a matter of time.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Windstorm

Windstorm
PostThu Dec 19, 2019 11:29 am 
neek wrote:
This got me thinking. You could get these miraculous benefits all at once, by venturing into an outdoor verdant landscape and immersing yourself in the light of the actual sun. You could even walk while doing this to get some exercise, which supposedly is also good for you. Brilliant, no? I may try to patent this idea. Just not sure what to call it.
Nah, that's way too practical.

contour5

contour5
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 12:17 am 
Why not hike, but with a prism dangling in front of you to maximize the benefits?

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 11:04 am 
Like my mom always said, “Go play outside!”

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Dec 20, 2019 11:06 am 
No need for a prism or filter with sunlight you get the benefit of ALL colours.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Washakie

Washakie
PostSat Dec 21, 2019 11:03 am 
Great saying related to me when I moved from the S.F. bay area to the NW a couple of life times ago..... Tell the children not to worry. It's only the sun.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie