Forum Index > Partners > K2 Base Camp Trek Summer 2020 or other
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JasonK806

JasonK806
PostFri Dec 27, 2019 5:34 pm 
Hello, My name is Jason I'm 28 and I've posted some trip reports on here throughout the past few years and am interested in going on an international trekking trip in Asia. I haven't done much international travel but want to stretch my legs outside of the Americas. I did and awesome climbing trip in Mexico, climbing Izta and Orizaba unguided (in TR's), with a couple of friends in 2017 and have been itching for another international trip. I've wanted to see the Throne Room of the mountain gods for myself and it would be cool to travel with a fellow NW'er. I don't have my mind made up 100% but it sounds like you need a guide to do a trip like that. Also interested in the Ladakh area of India, that would not be guided but with little travel experience it feels overwhelming to me to do something like that myself without a guide. I've been working and saving up funds for a trip like this and 2020 feels like the time to do it. Let me know if this interest you and shoot me a message.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Dec 27, 2019 6:51 pm 
Jason, can't help with your partner search but when I read that you're considering Ladakh, thought I'd mention that you might want to do some deep research re current conditions vis a vis the political situation. Check with the State Dept. re conditions in Kashmir and any routes you might travel. India has been tormenting its Muslim residents with new exclusionary laws & it might be a cause for flareups in the disputed territories w/Pakistan. If wanting to travel to more out-of-the-way places in addition to K2, you might be safer in Bhutan. Just a thought.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
JasonK806

JasonK806
PostFri Dec 27, 2019 11:44 pm 
I've heard about them too. I plan to dig in more on this in January. Just thought I'd get the word out to see if anyone else here is interested i.e. why I'm not keen about travelling alone in those areas.