Forum Index > Trail Talk > Kendal road = dog poop trail :-(
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostFri Jan 03, 2020 2:42 pm 
This is the method that I recommend for "getting rid of it". And yes I'm a 14 yo boy clown.gif

"Lean mean money-making-machines serving fiends"
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Jan 03, 2020 2:47 pm 
rossb wrote:
Still, I think you just ran across it on a bad day.
Fresh snow buries it. If it hasn't snown in awhile it piles up. I bet you hit it after fresh snow covers it.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
texasbb
Misplaced Texan

texasbb
Misplaced Texan
PostFri Jan 03, 2020 2:48 pm 
To be young again...

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Jan 03, 2020 3:14 pm 
Ski wrote:
y'all need to find a hobby when the weather's crappy like this
I thought skiing was a pretty good one. Still think so in fact.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostFri Jan 03, 2020 5:28 pm 
In some locations I have been highly suspicious that sometimes its humans that are pooping in the snow as well

Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostFri Jan 03, 2020 9:50 pm 
I did spring cleanup on the Kendall Peak Road last year. That’s what this report is all about. The OP isn’t exaggerating. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8027051&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Jan 04, 2020 12:52 am 
A large part of the problem is that it is nearly the only place at the pass where dogs are allowed at the pass concentrating the stink. Places where grooming stamps are required Cabin Creek, Hyak, Ambillis, Crystal Springs, Lake Easton, etc. do not allow dogs. Summit Nordic does not allow dogs. That leaves Mt. Margaret which has turned into sled groomed trails. There are AT oriented ares but they are not dog friendly as they are ungroomed and have deep snow most years. What do you expect if you concentrate use on one trail.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
rossb

rossb
PostSat Jan 04, 2020 10:45 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
rossb wrote:
Still, I think you just ran across it on a bad day.
Fresh snow buries it. If it hasn't snown in awhile it piles up. I bet you hit it after fresh snow covers it.
Oh yeah, it is under there. I guess that is my point. You have layers of stuff under the snow. Sun glasses, mittens, false teeth, poop. In the Spring, when it all melts, there is nowhere for it to go. You have an entire season's worth of crap (sometimes literally) sitting on the ground. But in the winter, it usually doesn't matter, since you are above it all. It is quite possible that the author of the post just had bad luck. There might have been a big set of poopy dogs. Or maybe the big rains we had causes some snow to melt, leaving a poop layer above a crust layer. I'm just theorizing here. Anyway, even on groomed trails you can get something similar with downed branches. I always try and pick them up after a windy day, but don't always get them all. You can get sap on your skis. But eventually it snows again, and isn't a problem (the branches get buried). Just to be clear, I'm not excusing the dog owners. There is no excuse for letting your dog poop right on the road. That is a sh##ty thing to do (literally and figuratively).

Bramble_Scramble

Bramble_Scramble
PostSun Jan 05, 2020 10:45 am 
Seems to be a theme in the area. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7995779

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am 
Not even one gift from the gods yesterday at Kachess.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostMon Jan 06, 2020 9:47 am 
What the City Of Kirkland started doing 5 months after we left that, what has turned into, a sh##ty place to live. https://www.kiro7.com/news/eastside-news/flags-placed-in-kirkland-parks-remind-dog-owners-to-scoop-the-poop/998150455/ So happy to be a 509er after 53 years as a 425er

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Jan 06, 2020 11:00 am 
Wealllll, this is certainly an unusual thread for this forum. (sarcasm) I can't help but recall last summer's encounter with a righteous woman at a music festival. I was walking my demon and the woman came running up accusing me of not picking up my dog's poopage. "DID YOUR DOG POOP BY MY TENT!" she said, while giving me the stink eye. "I don't think so, did it look like this?" I pointed and answered as my dog completed her pooping. I pulled out my poopage bag and picked up the fresh pile. The woman looked disgusted and stomped off. Later, I saw her packing a big rock across the field to put on top of the poopage by her tent. That seemed like a lot of work and extra drama for one pile of dog poopage. And, no, it wasn't my dog that pooped by her tent since my little demon was kept restrained on a leash and I do clean up after her. The main suspect of the poopage crime was later seen picking up the now smashed by a boulder poopage. The big rock was not returned to it's former location. Hint: Placing a large rock on top of poop makes it harder to pick up the poop.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities