Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Lettuce
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 4:57 pm 
I will get flamed for this. I like some of the Bag O' Salads. Don't have to do no chopping, don't have to think much just dump it out and add the included condimentaries. Then read about it being recalled for e coli a couple days after you've eaten it.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 5:03 pm 
Looove the bag 'o salad. Great for car camping, fast at home. I eat way more salads than I did prior. Especially the all the new flavors of chopped salads. Our joke when opening a bag is 'probably not contaminated'.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 5:49 pm 
Bag salad is almost always less likely to be contaminated than heads. It is triple washed far better than you can. It gets the notoriety because it is easily identifiable. I worked with several of the major producers and have seen their factories. Unfortunately things happen always has and always will.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 5:52 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
Aw, a garden. Cool. Kind of interested in one, but not sure I'd actually set aside the time to tend it. Plus, the eternal fight against deer. Can't even grow sunflowers!
Everyone in the 'hood has 8' deer fence around the garden, there's no other way.

~Mom jeans on wheels
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 6:21 pm 
Methinks MtnGoat is missing the global warming and Middle Fork threads a bit too much.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 6:22 pm 
We have tons of deer, rabbits, slugs, and mountain beaver. We can only grow toxic plants Rhodes, azealias, hellebores, Salale, and elderberry. An effective fence would look like the Berlin Wall. That or a toxic waste dump. I can only grow day lillies by spraying them with garlic, cayenne, and rotten eggs.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 7:38 pm 
I was able to grow tomaters in straw bales in my front, south facing yard. The deer like to hang out in the back yard. One of them lopped off a nice rose I was trying to get going. I will be putting up a fence to keep deer AND the pesky quail out of a berry patch I am trying to get going. Oh, and perhaps keep the kitty roca making beast out too, although my dog loves that delicacy. Unleashed. Now that my bales are "seasoned" I may get some lettuce or something besides tomaters next year. The bales were not ready early enough last year. Gotta get lettuce and peas in early or it gets too hot for them.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
neek

neek
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 8:36 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Methinks MtnGoat is missing the global warming and Middle Fork threads a bit too much.
Nah I think he got the light-hearted satire, and one-upped me. Of course, maybe you're doing the same. I'm so confused - need more emoticons! nerd.gif Rabbits have been a problem around here these past few years. Seems that the coyotes are starting to take care of them so we'll see what happens this year. I've seen the results of deer in other places, think I'd just give up.

contour5

contour5
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 8:47 pm 
Rabbit food is for rabbits!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 9:31 pm 
neek wrote:
Rabbits have been a problem around here these past few years.
Younger cat thinks they're not a problem they're an opportunity.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 10:10 pm 

flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 10:43 pm 
bag-o-salads make good pillows.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Jan 10, 2020 10:00 am 
Well the lettuce you can taste thing is definitely a factor lately. I've been horrified to see it replace real lettuce in salad bars all over the place, and at work every dang catered meal has the crinkly hoity toity variety.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
neek

neek
PostFri Jan 10, 2020 10:25 am 
You would not like the arugula and bittercress I pull from my yard. So bitter/spicy it practically leaves your mouth numb. Makes store bought arugula taste like candy by comparison.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 pm 
I worked with someone who ordered an arugula plate at a restaurant we went to for lunch, and thought the waiter was trying to pull something over. "What the hell, where's my arugula cheese?"