Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jan 10, 2020 7:58 am 
Clowney disqualified for a hit on a player diving forward, who was not yet down? No way, no how. Suggesting this shows a complete lack of knowledge of the rules. Clowney driving his shoulder into Wentz's back was not illegal or late in any way. The helmet contact was clearly incidental, and Wentz was likely hurt when his head hit the ground, a much harder blow than the glancing tap from Clowney. Wentz showing poor judgement and being fragile is not Clowney's fault or problem. I'm not sure why Wentz was running anyway, he only has 206 yards for his whole career. 48 fumbles though. Maybe he should learn to hang onto the football, then throw it. And what is this nonsense about Green Bay's job getting easier? What happens in one game ends with the game. There is no guarantee that GB will shut down the running game, and it didn't help Philly anyway. The Seahawks averaged 6.7 yards per play. They converted five third downs of ten yards or more. Just from memory, on third down, they had plays of 15, 18, 18, 24, 26 and 38 yards. This in a game where the announcers mentioned repeatedly how Fletcher Cox was "destroying" the Seahawks offense. RW had an MVP caliber performance with no running game and a destroyed offense. Offensive line devastated by injuries to the best players, best tight end out, top three running backs out, recievers consist of one undersized player, a rookie, and some guys no one has ever heard of. Russell Wilson is BY FAR the best player in the NFL.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 10, 2020 2:01 pm 
Everyone has an opinion, but it's funny how some voice their OPINIONS as if they are the GOSPEL truth, lol. rolleyes.gif Plus those who don't agree with their "Opinions" must be ignorant or imbeciles. shakehead.gif Go Hawks!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostFri Jan 10, 2020 2:18 pm 
Slugman wrote:
Wentz showing poor judgement and being fragile is not Clowney's fault or problem.
Exactly!! Look, if you're not playin' at the speed of traffic you're gonna get hurt!! These big boys will PUMMEL you into the ground!!! Don't bring words to a fist fight!!! That's not an opinion that's FACT

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Jan 10, 2020 2:38 pm 
Enjoyed watching these. Feels like a much more veteran team in the playoffs now.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 10, 2020 3:52 pm 
I agree with this writers "Opinion" which seems to be un-biased and focused more upon the middle ground on the issue. "I’ve watched the play over and over again, live and in slow motion. I can see why Eagles fans are so irate. I can also see why my Bob, Dave and Moore co-host and former NFL linebacker Dave Wyman would say it was a football player trying to make a football play. Clowney said he was trying to finish a tackle as Wentz was going down. The referee even said that Wentz was a runner more than a quarterback at that point. It’s certainly a questionable non-call. But here’s the thing – I don’t think Clowney was intentionally trying to hurt Wentz. He said as much afterward, and of course a player’s not going to say he was intentionally trying to injure anyone. But I believe Clowney on this one. We’ve watched him all season, and have you seen anything bordering on dirty play before? I haven’t either.". https://sports.mynorthwest.com/745854/moore-seahawks-clowney-hit-philly/? In my "Opinion" the call could have gone either way, I would not have been "outraged" if they had called him for unecessary roughness. Things look different in slow motion, he probably did not intentially lower his helmet thus making contact with Wentz's helmet, but then again maybe he did. There is only ONE person who know's for sure, not me, not you, not even the officials, only Clowney knows and of course he would never admit to it. Either way it was blown out of proportion by the whining, irate, sore loser Eagles fans. Carry on.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jan 10, 2020 4:51 pm 
Thanks for posting that, Tom. It was a little strange at times, some of the game highlights seemed almost random. A fun thing to watch on a slow double Friday at work (next five days off).

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jan 11, 2020 12:15 pm 
NFL agrees with game officials: no fines or punishment of any kind for Jadeveon Clowney. Carson Wentz played one sixth of the game, had one complete pass for three yards. So multiply that times six..... hahaha! The Eagles stink with him or without him. They were good enough to beat Green Bay, though. hmmm.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jan 11, 2020 12:37 pm 
Slugman wrote:
NFL agrees with game officials: no fines or punishment of any kind for Jadeveon Clowney.
No surprise there.
Slugman wrote:
They were good enough to beat Green Bay, though. hmmm.gif
And the Packers destroyed the Vikings, the Falcons soundly beat the 49ers on their home turf....none of that means anything now.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Jan 11, 2020 5:19 pm 
So...one half of that Vikings vs. Seahawks NFC Championship game definitely isn't happening. 49ers didn't get the memo.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jan 11, 2020 5:22 pm 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
So...one half of that Vikings vs. Seahawks NFC Championship game definitely isn't happening. 49ers didn't get the memo.
Could be a sweep of the wildcard teams this weekend, although I would say the 'Hawks have the best chance to win. Edited to ad, looks like I put the hex on the Ravens, O' well, don't really care about the other teams as long as the 'Hawks win.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jan 11, 2020 8:47 pm 
Apple core? Baltimore! So much for “Mr. MVP who is supposedly better than Russell Wilson”! wave.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jan 11, 2020 9:34 pm 
Slugman wrote:
Baltimore's offense got lucky. They win by 14 points when 14 points are scored by the defense, yet suddenly their interception throwing QB is an MVP candidate? Right. Jackson was under no pressure at all, yet mainly looked mediocre, passing for only 93 yards after his third throw went for 50. I thought Jackson deserved an unsportsmanlkme conduct penalty when he spiked the ball after one of his temper tantrums. Ah, the internet to the rescue. It seems his spike was a penalty, but just a five yarder for delay of game. And the refs already called delay of game because Baltimore didn't snap the ball. I guess you can't delay the game twice on one play.
Ha! I had him pegged way back, just after their game against Seattle. Over rated front runner with a temper.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jan 11, 2020 10:37 pm 
Larmar still had a pretty good game. 2 interceptions and a fumble really hurt but I would peg the loss on Harbaugh. Really poor decision to go for it on 4th down early in the game. It finally bit them.

the1mitch

the1mitch
PostSat Jan 11, 2020 11:23 pm 
y'all need to look back to August and recall what the experts were saying about our Hawks. 8-8, 9-7 etc, not a playoff team and if so a bit of a stretch to say so. Pete for coach of the year!!!

illegitimi non carborundum!
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Jan 12, 2020 12:02 am 
Tom wrote:
Larmar still had a pretty good game. 2 interceptions and a fumble really hurt but I would peg the loss on Harbaugh. Really poor decision to go for it on 4th down early in the game. It finally bit them.
Not sure about that, he was going with what had worked all season, but Jackson did have a pretty good game with 365 passing yards and 143 rushing yards, but 3 turnovers won't get it done. I am thinking they were over-confident, out of sync, not used to playing from behind and simply ran into a hot and under-rated team...."Any given Sunday".... One thing about the 'Hawks, they are used to adversity, coming from behind, and playing in close games. Supposed to be near 20 degrees and mostly clear tomorrow in GB, so weather should not be a huge factor, I am just hoping for a competitive, close game. The 'Hawks have already exceeded expectations so anything more is just icing on the cake.