Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The heck there's not
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm 
Just because I prefer the left lane does not make me a bad person and has nothing to do with my party affiliations.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 8:51 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Just because I prefer the left lane does not make me a bad person and has nothing to do with my party affiliations.
Bad person is irrelevant, left lane camping does make you a lawbreaker.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 8:59 pm 
not if I am passing a continuous line of right lane campers

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
not if I am passing a continuous line of right lane campers
The law is clear, "Keep right, except to pass" RCW 46.61.100 Keep right except when passing, etc The worst camping I observe are the folks that don't really pass, but just travel in the left lane at speeds equivalent to the traffic in the lanes to the right. The left lane is for passing, not for cruising.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 9:15 pm 
I told you, I AM passing...continuously. smile.gif I like cruising in the left lane, but always get over when someone is coming up behind me, that does not create a problem if one is observant and courteous. However, too many clueless and rude, obnoxious drivers led to a Law being necessary to police the dumbasses who don't know how to drive.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 9:17 pm 

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 9:22 pm 
Good song! But so what if the car I'm passing is a half mile ahead, why should I have to go back and forth between lanes when I just have to get back over seconds later to pass again? Another thing that's annoying is those right lane campers who are coming up on to a Semi Truck and wait too long to decide they should pass, thus making it dangerous for the left lane camper-passer since they are trying to merge at the last minute. Right lane campers are annoying. Maybe drivers should be tested and if they suck, confine them to the right lane, those a bit better (intermediate drivers) would be restricted to the middle and right lanes, and the very awesome drivers such as myself should be only allowed in the left lane, or whichever lane they wish, including the shoulder.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm 

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 10:18 pm 
I don't speed wink.gif I go 76 in a 70 mph zone, since very few cops will stop you for the 1st ticket level which is 1-5, they go for the big ticket speeders 6-10, 11-15 and above. https://mrticketfixer.com/how-much-does-a-speeding-ticket-cost/

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 10:55 pm 
For a fee you can beat most traffic tickets in Washington. https://www.mucklestone.com/ Economically if you are insuring a "Supercar" you need a clean driving record. A colleague of mine that drives a highly modified Audi R8 sporting 900+hp has Jeanne on retainer.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 11:12 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
The worst camping I observe are the folks that don't really pass, but just travel in the left lane at speeds equivalent to the traffic in the lanes to the right.
That's called "the rolling road block."

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 11:14 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Right lane campers are annoying. Maybe drivers should be tested and if they suck, confine them to the right lane, those a bit better (intermediate drivers) would be restricted to the middle and right lanes, and the very awesome drivers such as myself should be only allowed in the left lane, or whichever lane they wish, including the shoulder.
This will all stop being a problem or even an annoyance when we have self driving cars. They won't make stupid, selfish, or dangerous choices.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 11:41 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
For a fee you can beat most traffic tickets in Washington.
Ya, there's a guy up in Everett who claims to have a 95% success rate. I hired for him for my Son about 12 years ago and for $100 bucks he had the speeding ticket dismissed. He charges $200 now, still a good deal.
Cyclopath wrote:
This will all stop being a problem or even an annoyance when we have self driving cars. They won't make stupid, selfish, or dangerous choices.
So then a guy could have a few drinks and take a nap on the way home? The car will probably wake you upon arrival. I am very skeptical about this technology, humans just can't leave anything alone. shakehead.gif

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Jan 22, 2020 12:55 am 
Since this is a thread about arguing (very meta) we probably need an "ok boomer" or two.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
Problem is that this technology is created and built by humans...and you know what that leads to..."Human Error"...You want to be on the first flight of the "fixed" 737 Max? hmmm.gif